Another drowning...

kjackson

Dang. Another victim to not wearing a life jacket.

http://5newsonline.com/2015/04/19/man-drowns-at-beaver-lake/

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

This is a problem that cannot easily be fixed. Education does little good, with the pervasive attitude that "it won't happen to me". I doubt legislation to protect people from themselves could fix it either, and that is not wanted.

I was tossed out of my boat Saturday when the pedestal mount for my seat failed without warning. Expect the unexpected.

His father touches the Claw in spite of Kevin's warnings and breaks two legs just as a thunderstorm tears the house apart. Kevin runs away with the Claw. He becomes captain of the Greasy Bastard, a small ship carrying rubber goods between England and Burma. Michael Palin, Terry Jones, 1974

If you have a standard throttle where the motor will stay engaged and at the throttle used while underway until someone backs off the throttle........

Please for the sake of others. Use a killswitch for the safety of others. If you're ejected from your vessel, that boat will keep right on going until it hits someone or something.

I have a hotfoot so mine will at least shut down to idle if the killswitch was not used. And I use mine every time. It's the law.

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

Surprised that anyone is surprised. Look at how many lose to not wearing their seatbelts.

Working in an ER i cant tell you how often i see people who were involved in accidents while not wearing seat belts. The sight is most always horrifying and sadly its often younger people that i see. I pester people i know constantly on wearing seat belts and have managed to convince a few.

We had a Water Patrol Donzi doing unmanned 35mph circles with the patrolman in the water last year. A drunk dude pulled off a Bo Duke and saved the day.

Somehow that incident failed to make the news anywhere.

At least the buzzed savior didn't get arrested for BUI. :)

I dig the kill switch lanyards out of the upholstery and fasten them to the steering wheel of every boat I work on, as a subtle reminder... but it probably doesn't work.

Okay I have to ask why the patrolman was not in the boat. There must be a story here