Memorial Walleye Tourney

lmt out

Going to be down in the Diamond City area on the 5-3,4,5 With my two sisters and there husbands having a family walleye tournament in memory of our father who died last May 4th. Do you think Jig and crawler and bottom bouncing with spinners will be a good way to catch them. What depth should we be looking at? Any help would be appreciated.

they should be finishing up their spawn by then so they should be fairly hungry, crawlers on a jig are always worth a try, I'd start on the old shoreline in 12-15 fow and work deeper, Just a guess

good luck

That time of year, you might consider exploring territory with a trolled flicker shad. Starting at the flooded shoreline is a good start. Work out if you need to do so. Once you find the depth and type of structure, work it over with a Lindy rig or BB plus harnesses. Or you could just keep trolling.

I hope you have a great time.

Thank you all for you input and advice. I haven't done much trolling but will give it a try. I will report back Thursday and let you know how the 4 days went.

More from a historical perspective than present tense, but Rogues or the like on shallow rocks at twilight should be good right now. Gotta be nearly invisible though, or you'll spook them out of the shallows without even knowing it.

I can't dance like I used to.

Had a rough time only caught 22 walleye only 4 keepers biggest 23.5" between 7 of us. No real patter caght them Jig and crawler, crawler harnesses and trolling cranks. Two biggest came on jig and crawler.