8.5 Bass

backlash

It's not going anywhere as far as I am concerned. My preference would have been to take pictures and measurements and let her go. Then if I wanted get a replica made. If he wants to swim it in grease or mount it that's his right to. Conservation education still needs to be preached. If everbody was an eater or mounter there wouldn't be many left to catch. Bet that fish has been caught 20 times in its life.

Dennis Boothe

Joplin Mo.

For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing

in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

~ Winston Churchill ~

And there's probably 100+ just like it. To each their own. Everyone has their opinion and entitled to it. Enjoy seeing the pictures of the big ones. And congrats. The biggest we had yesterday was 4. Was surprised with the keeper spots.

Wouldn't be 100 just like it if everyone kept them. Thank God most don't so others can catch em too. It was a nice fish.

Dennis Boothe

Joplin Mo.

For a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing

in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

~ Winston Churchill ~

Nice fish. Too bad it apparently died. Replica mounts are such a great option these days.

Yes, it's his right to keep it. I'm just joining denjac in saying I personally wish it was still swimming.

ClassActionTransparent.png

It's not going anywhere as far as I am concerned. My preference would have been to take pictures and measurements and let her go. Then if I wanted get a replica made. If he wants to swim it in grease or mount it that's his right to. Conservation education still needs to be preached. If everbody was an eater or mounter there wouldn't be many left to catch. Bet that fish has been caught 20 times in its life.

I highly doubt that fish has been caught very many times if at all....fisherman are arrogant in that they think if they dont catch big fish than their arent any.....fisherman catch all the small fish cuz they are dumb. Bigger, older fish are older for a reason. Often times the oldest fish in a pond/lake/area are EXTREMELY niche, meaning that they will only feed on 1 food source at 1 time and ignore most other offerings. They become highly specialized and less opportunistic...the more opportunistic fish ate our stupid looking worm and died. Congrats on that huge fish....who cares what you did with it. There are lots and lots of giant bass in stockton....its 23k acres lol. It aint getting fished out. There are lakes around st louis that are 60 acres or smaller, and recieve dozens of fisherman every day most of whom take everything out that they catch. Yet there are still giant bass to be had.

redundant discussions on this site are very redundant. I wish he would have caught it on a Ned rig.

Too late...you cant keep bass.

You can do what ever the hell you want. As long as you are within the law then who cares? A bunch of people that don't really know you on the internet? If that bothers you then cave into their way of doing things. That's the American way anymore right?

You can do what ever the hell you want. As long as you are within the law then who cares? A bunch of people that don't really know you on the internet? If that bothers you then cave into their way of doing things. That's the American way anymore right?

sarcasm my friend. although i will say its tough to convey such emotions as there is no such thing as "tone of type"

I just wish every time a big fish picture showed up it didn't become a conservation topic. I'm as concerned about our fisheries as anyone(!!!) on this site but let the man enjoy his completely legal catch while the rest do it the way they feel is best.

Congrats sir.