Pet Peeve

dblades

The Frabill Conservation series is a great net. I bought one after talking to the Frabill booth at the BASS Expo a couple of years ago. They told me I could net a Northern Pike with a crankbait hanging out of it's mouth and be able to get the fish and crankbait out with no problem. Way better than those heavy rubber nets.

Nah, didn't buy a net.  Bought a Hawg Trough...

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

All depends on the board and where it sits. Hot back metal board on carpet is one thing. Handheld wet plastic hog trough is another. My board is gold and bolted to my vinyl floor. Except for the walleye and the exceptional bass, I do not use it.

I keep my board on the underside of a rod box lid with velcro. Keeps it out of the sun. That way, even if it somehow stays dry around my hands/fish/perpetual rain, it is at least cool. 

Wonder if these ingredients are in Rejuvenade?

Or Please Release by Sure-Life, or Catch and Release Calming Livewell Additive??

"You can always justify putting off a decision... but you can't put off the results of indecision."

I take care of caught fish to the best of my abilities.  I'm betting more fish are killed by those who fish natural bait and those that are slow to set the hook using a senko, soft plastics, etc. resulting in deeply hooked fish.  In addition today's super hooks are far less likely to rust out than the hooks we grew up with.  As such, cutting the line on a deeply hooked fish will most likely result in a dead one.

wear a go pro camera then you can catch the whole action and edit pictures you want to post..  keep on fishin.

Just bend the barbs on the hooks flat and when you have a fish on just give it slack and hook come out then you dont have to handle the fish.

I know everything about nothing and know nothing about everything!

Bruce Philips

2 words, Hog Trough

Couldn't agree more... Best measuring board for taking pics when you are by yourself and want to show the true size. I just dip mine in the water first so it's wet before putting the fish on it. Plus it takes all the guessing and lying on size out of the equation. I put mine in the bass boat at LOZ and I'm gonna buy a new one for my kayak.