Pet Peeve

dblades

It's great seeing all the fish posted with the reports, however I cringe every time I see a fish laying on the dry boat carpet. MLF gives a penalty just for touching the carpet, how about we try   to come up with little better fish handling technique.

i hear you, but champ seems to always want pics, and for those that are fishing alone, pics are hard to do without laying the bass down.  as for me, i rarely want to take time out to take pictures.  i know what i caught and what they will weigh.  i am more concerned with catching the next one.  many times, i could catch another two or three in the time that it takes to take a picture.  most bass look just about the same and we have all seen them.

i am guilty of just putting them over onto the floor landing them.  i do not carry a net, and that does as much damage, and i do not get up and down very easily anymore to hand land them.  so, pics or not, i still have some of them on the carpet myself.  sorry.

bo

My boat bottom is vinyl. One of the reasons is that it does not wipe a fish dry. In addition, you will note in most of my bass pictures the fish is still in the net. Last of all, I use my boga grip to lift fish to unhook them (I grew tired of sticking myself) These steps would help if uniformly applied.

Nice wet rubber net goes a long way. You'll see that in most of Quill's pics.

MLF is neat, but also kind of "fake" in the wrestling sense. Yes they compete, but there's no real info on the purse. It's driven by a take of the advertising money.

When the same guys were fishing the Classic they put nearly every fish in the bottom by the seats. Too much at stake to be cute then.

i hear you, but champ seems to always want pics, and for those that are fishing alone, pics are hard to do without laying the bass down.  as for me, i rarely want to take time out to take pictures.  i know what i caught and what they will weigh.  i am more concerned with catching the next one.  many times,.  most bass look just about the same and we have all seen them.

i am guilty of just putting them over onto the floor landing them.  i do not carry a net, and that does as much damage, and i do not get up and down very easily anymore to hand land them.  so, pics or not, i still have some of them on the carpet myself.  sorry.

bo

this made me laugh,

"i could catch another two or three in the time that it takes to take a picture"

bo if it really takes you that long to take a pic of 1 bass, please don't take any more. I could snap 50 pics to your 1.Day or night.I don't get up and down any faster than you I'm a big ol' round boy :)

it's not hard at all to take a pic of a bass by yourself, have you ever seen any of any of my reports from Bull? Takes just a few seconds to snap a pic and release. Lip em with the right hand , take the hook out with the left, grab the cam ,snap a pic, release. Takes less than 30 seconds start to finish.

my boat sits low enough to the water I just reach over the side while seated and lip em. You won't find any bass slime on my floor or net. Just walleye and catfish.

Nice wet rubber net goes a long way. You'll see that in most of Quill's pics.

MLF is neat, but also kind of "fake" in the wrestling sense. Yes they compete, but there's no real info on the purse. It's driven by a take of the advertising money.

When the same guys were fishing the Classic they put nearly every fish in the bottom by the seats. Too much at stake to be cute then.

Dave I wonder if the Classic fisherman would put all the fish in the bottom of the boat is there was a penalty for doing so?

sometimes I listen to those bass fishing shows with headphones on , and I swear I hear their tails and/or spine breaking sometimes when they swing them biggins in and let em drop tail first onto the floor.

Ever caught a bass with a crooked funny looking tail that looks like it's been broken? I have.

Dave I wonder if the Classic fisherman would put all the fish in the bottom of the boat is there was a penalty for doing so?

Don't know about them, but I would, with that on the line. Given the choice between chancing a 4# fish flopping out, or twisting off, I would boat the fish.