Dam Area Report 4/18

Nitro 750

Launched at State Park at about 6:45 and headed toward Clevenger, started out throwing a Whopper Plopper and on the 3rd cast caught a 14 inch spot, I thought this could be a good topwater bite today, did not get another sniff on topwater after that fish.  I fished a swim bait, jig, plastic worm and a spilt shot rig with a green pumpkin fish doctor.  Caught most of my fish on the spilt shot rig, (probably because I threw that the most.)  Most fish was caught in 10 to 15 feet of water.  I was off the water around 11:00, ended the day with around 20 with only 3 keepers.  I also caught 3 nice goggleyes on the spilt shot rig.  Water temp was 64. 

bass 001.JPG

bass 004.JPG

And that my friends is what is going on at the Dam.  Super accurate report, on baits and conditions.  I'm finding the same Nada.  Buster is catching a lot of gogs on a 2.8 inch swimbait.  The deal here is you simply have to have your boat in 25' to 30', even 35 won't hurt. both the gogs and the better spots are coming over 20' if you are just barely moving that swim bait and following the contour back to the boat.

I will also tell you and it is happening there is a really strong dropshot bite to the same fish.  You can see them suspended and see singles.  They will just hammer the shot.  Seems early to get that started but its here no matter what.