Jump to content

Found a couple walleye


dan hufferd

Recommended Posts

I think the full moon slows the day time bite, but it was nice to get out.

Got these strolling this jig.

20180825_163333.jpg

20180825_172048.jpg

20180825_163221.jpg

20180825_175702.jpg

20180825_154012.jpg

20180825_195739.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Way to go Dan!

Stockton people: Do those fine walleye seem thin to you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, rps said:

Way to go Dan!

Stockton people: Do those fine walleye seem thin to you?

Yes,  they were thinner than normal, assuming them to be young males.

They seemed healthy enough.

Thank you

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, dan hufferd said:

I think the full moon slows the day time bite, but it was nice to get out.

Got these strolling this jig.

20180825_163333.jpg

20180825_172048.jpg

20180825_163221.jpg

20180825_175702.jpg

20180825_154012.jpg

20180825_195739.jpg

Congrats Dan! Couple of nice walleye. Glad to see you out on the water.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

good for you. If you don't mind,how deep were you and how fast were you trolling. Reason I ask is the fish I've found were in 20 to 28 ft. of water,wondering how you got that jig deep enough. I've gone to using dipsy divers and tadpoles to get the smaller baits deep.

Thanks Mike

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, mikeak said:

good for you. If you don't mind,how deep were you and how fast were you trolling. Reason I ask is the fish I've found were in 20 to 28 ft. of water,wondering how you got that jig deep enough. I've gone to using dipsy divers and tadpoles to get the smaller baits deep.

Thanks Mike

About 20 to 25 ft deep, less than .8 mph 1/4 jig, just off the bottom. No dipsy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mikeak said:

Thanks Dan

no problem, hope it helps, I was basically drift fishing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.