Who is ready?

Gavin

3 minutes ago, semble said:

Texas rigs and slotted bags are the way to go for shallow water.

I’ve never used slotted bags. I think they would be great. I use a BIG stiff bag with good backpack straps. I think I got it at Rogers years ago. I can hold as many as I would want to carry at one time. Tangles have never really been an issue for me either. 

Didn’t kill much but learned what not to do and a bit about the area. The guys I went with knew little about the area so we set up in the wrong spot in the dark (too eager), to close to the trucks, and didn’t pick up and move. Darn those pools are huge! Will bring a canoe or the jon next time. Would make things allot easier. We all had fun though. Lessons learned!

15 hours ago, Gavin said:

Didn’t kill much but learned what not to do and a bit about the area. The guys I went with knew little about the area so we set up in the wrong spot in the dark (too eager), to close to the trucks, and didn’t pick up and move. Darn those pools are huge! Will bring a canoe or the jon next time. Would make things allot easier. We all had fun though. Lessons learned!

I would think your jon would be perfect that. 

We used to bring a blinded 18’ jon, no motor(unless we could not get in wade in) and fill it with all the decoys and gear(after unloading from trailer)and walk it out, set up, and then hunt from the blind.  Worked very well.  

Mike