Gas

cedarglenguy

47 minutes ago, laker67 said:

I thought it was at the 6  or is that a realtor marker too?

Back before my time it was at the 6mm, and when that became "millionaire cove' it went to the 14. 

Nope the realtors haven't changed the main Osage, just the various tributary arms.      We still have an original 15mm sign here in the upper Gravois.  

44 minutes ago, nomolites said:

No, it was across from The Lodge before the bridge went in....then “money talked” again and they were run off(past my youth, so not “us” this time) Anderson Branch...

Mike

Yep, that area of Shawnee bend was some of the best deer/turkey hunting in the state before they started selling property there.  The only access was via foot/dirt bike/4-wheeler.   Castaway's resort off SB2 was the last resort on the west side. It was nothing but game trails and forest between there and Shangri-la.  

At what point do they stop adding ethanol to the gas?  I was always under the impression when the price of oil was low, it was cheaper to make real gas instead of food production gas.

Still $1.79 here.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

1 hour ago, jdmidwest said:

At what point do they stop adding ethanol to the gas?  I was always under the impression when the price of oil was low, it was cheaper to make real gas instead of food production gas.

Still $1.79 here.

Hahahahahahahahaha

🤣 😂 😆 😆 😂 🤣 

😢 😢 😢 😢 😢 😞 😞 

• 3 weeks later...

daughter and I were crappie fishing at Point View Resort by the ‘big island’ on the niangua last weekend? (I didn’t drag the boat, so location didn’t much matter by water)

But; they have gas on the water at about $2.00/gallon.

We were fishing off the dock and an older couple from out of town came by in desperate need of gas on the water In their new-to-them boat; asking if gas was available. They tried 2 other resorts and pumps weren’t on.

I had no clue if Point View pumps were on, so I called the resort and the resort owner came down and I helped fill the guys boat for him. (New boat purchase and he didn’t know where the fill opening was) Ranger multi-species with fill cap at the trolling motor.........who knew???!?!?..........anyway, Super nice folks from Minnesota; glad we could help.:-)