2023 Flyfishing Fish Pics

Wanted to catch a bigger Longnose Gar.  My previous largest was 37"... not particularly big as far as they go.  Missouri Master Angler size is 42".  I tied up a special fly for it (with a pair of articulated single hooks, no trebles, no rope fly... nothing against any of that, just describing it).  It worked!  Caught a new Personal Best... 47.5", 10+lbs (based on an online calculator for Longnose Gar)!!

S62yl.jpg

S62yq.jpg

S62yW.jpg

Only its head fit in the net...it was longer than my "mid-length" net...including the handle.

S62y6.jpg

Also caught a bluegill, 2 freshwater drum, black crappies, and white crappies (biggest was this 13-incher):

S62yn.jpg

Saturday I'd hoped to connect with @Johnsfolly to try for Grass Carp and gar.  He had a small window of opportunity before catching a flight home.  Weather wasn't conducive...drizzle, wind, cold....so we scrapped the idea.

I made a last-of-the-year Bowfin outing.  Caught 10!  Plus one of the biggest Warmouth I've so far caught from this spot...and a bluegill, a couple bass, a shortnose gar, and a few green sunfish.

S6jrI.jpg

S6jrl.jpg

S6jrd.jpg

S6jrq.jpg

S6jr7.jpg