April 17, Big M area

Fished the morning from 0630 to 1230.  Tried the spots Dutch and I had success on Monday, expecting some good fishing, but for the most part those fish had moved.

I caught most of the fish I caught today in coves fishing the bank or close to it.  On a 1/16 oz ned or Berkley wake bait.  One of those deals with the wake bait, that if you saw them come up chasing something and put that bait on them, they'd usually take a swipe at it.  One swipe, if you got them, great, if not, they would not come back for it.

Caught one keeper largemouth on a 3.3 keitech over 40 feet of water.

Saw some beds with males sitting on them, WT 64 when I left.

Caught a couple dozen with 6 keeper largemouth in the 16-17.5 inch range. 

Caught a 14" smallie that had a shaky head with worm in the roof of its mouth.  Was able to get it out with little damage to the fish.  

11 rigs in the Big M lot which is quite a few for a weekday.

large.April17LM3.jpg

large.April17LM2.jpg

large.April17LM1.jpg

That was a pretty good bite with some nice fish.  I tried the wake bait but nothing hit it in that dingy water.  It sounds like somewhat of a cool down is coming.

Fun fishing right there and a great day to get out.   Sadly, I've been tied up with doctors and couldn't get out lately.   Next week I'll be back in the game!

15 hours ago, Dutch said:

That was a pretty good bite with some nice fish.  I tried the wake bait but nothing hit it in that dingy water.  It sounds like somewhat of a cool down is coming.

I'm good with a little cooler weather.  It was 85 yesterday afternoon here at the house, I broke down and turned on the AC.