OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
BilletHead

2017 garden thread

2 hours ago, BilletHead said:

I figured you were eating tomatoes already? Please excuse me I have to clean a wild turkey :) .

BilletHead

Hah, you know I started things later this year. Should have started lettuce even later though, or transplanted it a few weeks ago and dealt with the weather. Those poor things didn't like their little cells and currently look pretty weak out there. 

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:12 AM, BilletHead said:

So we ordered one and got it installed. Where we put it water drains from approx 1/4 of the house roof. Had an inch and a quarter of rain and this morning the barrel is full. Sixty gallons. We have it close to the garden pond. We will use this big time watering and topping off the pond due to evaporation. Do not know why it took us this long to get one. May get another.

We have two at our house and I have toyed with the idea of setting up a large (>150 gal) reservoir in our garage. That way we would be able to store more than 100 gallons of rainwater for when the rains don't come. We do water the plants from the rainbarrels as well as watering our chickens.

3 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Maybe the condition of that deck is having an adverse affect on them.:)

Ok, that's a stretch ?

1 hour ago, tho1mas said:

At last it is that time again.

Yes it is thank goodness. Most all of the tomatoes are in, the rest may be by the end of the day. 37 degrees this morning. Most plants look ok but the Marconi red peppers do not. Droopy and kind of sad. We covered everything but the lettuce.

BilletHead

We've had perfect weather the last week, except for a cold morning mid-week. Maters are looking great.

IMG_3789.jpg

Lettuce is getting adjusted and beginning to look better.

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3790.jpg

Beans, lettuce seed, beets and radishes are coming up.

IMG_3785.jpg

Billethead horseradish is coming back too. 

IMG_3786.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

Gooseberries

IMG_3787.jpg