Keel protector

I prefer to have one. I'm not a brand loyalist in this type product. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

56 minutes ago, Smalls21 said:

keelguard has a lifetime warranty

:lol: Here's the thing though...  Guys with boats so nice that they don't want to scuff the keel, also don't want a scuff on their Keel Guard.    

I have yet to see a keel guard that gets used as a keel guard.  It is just more bling.

Way back when I ran a shop we installed Hambys keel guards. The original dealer-install-only ones are awesome and lifetime guaranteed (and pricey). I put one on my old Falcon CC and ran it up on the rocks or ramp every time I loaded out for years, even if there was a courtesy dock available. Now they have one for consumer install, but I have no experience with it. If you have a boat you plan on keeping for a long time I'd highly recommend the dealer-install version.

I can't dance like I used to.

1 hour ago, bfishn said:

Way back when I ran a shop we installed Hambys keel guards. The original dealer-install-only ones are awesome and lifetime guaranteed (and pricey). I put one on my old Falcon CC and ran it up on the rocks or ramp every time I loaded out for years, even if there was a courtesy dock available. Now they have one for consumer install, but I have no experience with it. If you have a boat you plan on keeping for a long time I'd highly recommend the dealer-install version.

hamby's and keel guard are owned by the same company now, still have the lifetime warranty on both products

On March 15, 2017 at 10:11 AM, fishinwrench said:

Everyone I know that has one wishes they had a shield for their shield.  :rolleyes:

Don't attempt the install unless it's at least 80°

110° in the shade is better.

Accurate info, or kidding wrench? The reason I ask is I was going to install one this weekend with 60 degree temps. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

I wouldn't feed you bad info about boat/motor stuff. 

Actually they say it should be min.70° but 80°+ is better.   I did install one below 70 once and had to babysit it for hours as the edges kept wanting to flair back out.   

A heat gun or blow dryer would help if you're doing it in cooler temps..... But if it was me I'd just wait for a nice hot day, set the strip out in the sun to get good and soft, then rock & roll. 

Seriously though, those strips are alot easier to work with when they are nice and warm, or even down right hot to the touch.