Took A Few Days, but Bird #1 is Down

Seth

Hunted the first two days and couldn't get anything to work in. Yesterday I setup on one end of the farm with some decoys in hopes that this one bird did the same thing he had done the previous two days. Well he was no where to be found. At around 7, a bird started hammering away on the other side of the farm so I went after him with just a mouth call and the shotgun. The bird was about 150 yards in to the woods and just over the lip of the oak flat I was on. I slipped in to within 100 yards, tucked up against a tree and let out some some putts and purrs every 5-10 minutes. The bird would gobble, but wasn't moving. Finally after about 40 minutes of that, I got real excited with cutting and got a response from all three birds in the group. After that, I just shut up and waited them out. About 20 minutes later, I could tell they were moving a little bit and noticed a couple red heads coming through the brush towards me. The lead bird got to about 30 yards, let out an head rattling gobble right at me and then took a load of #5 Winchester Longbeard XR's to his face. He ended up weighing 18.5#, had 1" and 1 1/16" spurs and a 10.5" beard.

18010316_10154911028892798_7020309966189520940_n.jpg

18056725_10154543015578404_7405246316722906363_n.jpg

Way to go Seth!

As Marcus said we are now in the penalty box awaiting the second week,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead