Water proof socks. Who uses them?

I am interested in these, but want to know if they stretch.   I have a water retention problem, and my feet and ankles are much larger than average.  Also, how is their effectiveness if submerged?  Are they like neoprene,  creating almost a seal? 

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

The ones I used before I purchased Gore Tex boots would keep your feet dry to the top of the sock.  If you go over, in comes the water.  Same way with boots.

What are you trying to do with them?

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Primarily I need to protect my feet from dirty water.   I am prone to infections from all kinds of bacteria.   I have a rare condition, lymphedema of the lower extremities.   Any extra protection while fishing is valuable.  

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

Daryk I have some Orvis booties that I use while wet wading the creeks with my wading boots.  They keep the sand and muck out of my feet, but if you go in over the top they will allow water in.  I usually just submerge my feet from the get go and get it over with...

see these for sale at BPS, they have several different varieties, but I like these being knee length.  Haven't tried them myself, but I wear rubber boots to launch my boat in the winter, and have a pinhole leak in them,  if these socks work as advertised that would be nice.  $40 price tag scares me a little.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/sealskinz-lightweight-knee-length-waterproof-socks