Jump to content
OzarkAnglers.Com Forum
Sign in to follow this  
edwin

No problem finding them around Aunts Creek...

Recommended Posts

Got some decent water time on Sunday and Monday.  Following other's suggestions, spent a while Sunday am on the big motor looking for shad.  No challenges finding the bait with all the loons and gulls diving.  What I did have challenges was getting them to bite.  Lots of fish streaking to the bait, only to take a peek and bomb back to the bottom.    Most of the fish were 60' deep in 80-100' of water.  I was also able to find some active fish amongst the cedars along steep banks in 35-50' of water.  Had quite a bit better luck on the drop shot than the ice jig.   Ended with 4 solid keeps and a dozen almost keepers.  

Yesterday the wind was brutal.  After a couple hours of searching for bait in somewhat protected areas, I cashed it in and got a few projects done on the boat.  

 

 

LM.jpeg

spot1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Donna and I fished Sunday from Campbell Point down to Baxter. Brutally tough for us shallow-water types --- four fish in five hours. Three on a jerk bait and one on that dadgum fish-killing varmint, aka Ned. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Champ188 said:

Donna and I fished Sunday from Campbell Point down to Baxter. Brutally tough for us shallow-water types --- four fish in five hours. Three on a jerk bait and one on that dadgum fish-killing varmint, aka Ned. 😂

many times the catching is not quite where we would like it, but you did get out and there are many beautiful things to view.  many areas of the lake are not producing, but the bass know the days are getting longer and are making moves.  i always have looked at it that catching something is a lot better than catching nothing and be happy to be out.

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, merc1997 said:

many times the catching is not quite where we would like it, but you did get out and there are many beautiful things to view.  many areas of the lake are not producing, but the bass know the days are getting longer and are making moves.  i always have looked at it that catching something is a lot better than catching nothing and be happy to be out.

bo

Couldn't be more right, bo. The guy in this pic let us get right up under him so close that I took this pic with my phone. He also had a buddy that was a little bit shy and flew about 100 yards away. 

IMG_3275.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome!  those few of us that have grown up in this rural area, and have had the privilege to fish as much as i have done in my life are some of the luckiest people on the planet.  we have truly been blessed.

bo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, merc1997 said:

awesome!  those few of us that have grown up in this rural area, and have had the privilege to fish as much as i have done in my life are some of the luckiest people on the planet.  we have truly been blessed.

bo

Nothing but TRUTH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, merc1997 said:

awesome!  those few of us that have grown up in this rural area, and have had the privilege to fish as much as i have done in my life are some of the luckiest people on the planet.  we have truly been blessed.

bo

Tru dat!  My wife were just talking about where to retire.  The STL metro has very little of what we want day in and day out.  Mine is fishing!  And she loves the lake too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Tru dat!  My wife were just talking about where to retire.  The STL metro has very little of what we want day in and day out.  Mine is fishing!  And she loves the lake too!

Snagged, we also picked the Table Rock area as our retirement destination. Our kids and most of our grandkids are in STL so the short drive for visits is an added bonus. We began our search about 4 years before retirement and now have been here daily for 3 years. One of our best decisions. You won’t regret it. And meeting the people on the forum has been an extra pleasure. 
 

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.