True Love

BilletHead

How should I start this short story? How about this. Hey I got blood all over my pink crocks (Mrs. BilletHead)

thumbnail_1221201430 - Copy.jpg

How many or your wives would say this and laugh about it?

So we made an easy, very easy hunt yesterday morning. Nothing hard about it. So dry drove to the pond through the side of a winter wheat field with stuff in the truck. Three open gates in cow pastures and backed right to pond dam. Had my number one hunter with me. Did not even have to get waders wet. Just pitched out a dozen floaters from shore and was able to retrieve with a stick. As I was doing this number one was building layout blinds and grassing them. No bending over for me :) . Placed a few full bodies on dam. Only thing I seen wrong was a heavy frost and our hides were frost free. First group some circling around trying being picky. I can't blame them I would be too. 4th pass they were close and feed down only briefly. I did not call the shot and heard about that later! Circle back up and rolled back from where they came. My Bad... More groups worked a bit but did not like things. Still frosty and we did stand out badly. Frost finally left and things were looking up. Two down out of first small group and three more down out of next group. Time to take a quick picture and get out of there,thumbnail_1220201037a - Copy.jpg

Back at house unload and get them cleaned. No questions asked the Mrs. Knows the drill. She doesn't have to help and she knows it. I get this every time from her. If I help shoot them I am going to help clean them. Same goes for any game even if she doesn't shoot it. That's true love fellows. Got some good eats and fat skin and pure fat from the body cavities that have not been shot up. We both pluck and I singe the fine still attached pin feathers off them. We both go to work pulling off skin and she goes to work like a surgeon getting the inside fat. I will render fat tomorrow and vac seal meat. With this covid deal we will be alone Christmas day. It will be Sichuan fragrant goose. 

thumbnail_1220201309_HDR - Copy.jpg    

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead