Wft 2011

Gavin

Thanks, but my buddy took that one....pretty easy to get the effect...Have someone stand behind the fire and poke it with a big stick to get a big spark plume, and use a long exposure...Makes the fire look a heck of allot bigger than it really was.

The tent goes down the river with us...it takes at least two canoes to haul it...one for the poles, another for the canvas....We pitched in for a new canvas from Davis Tents this year...its Sunforger, and its a tighter weave, and lighter than the old canvas from Montana Canvas....I'd go with Davis if your in the market for one...He fit it to the frame, and delivered it in less than 3 weeks.

I agree that that picture is awesome, more than just the fire, the glowing tent really makes that picture cool. Some nice fish as well.

"The problem with a politician’s quote on Facebook is you don’t know whether or not they really said it." –Abraham Lincoln

Tales of an Ozark Campground Proprietor

Dead Drift Fly Shop

Really it takes about 4-5 canoes to haul the tent and its furniture. The stove and stovepipes are a good 50 lbs alone. Keeps it 65 degrees in there regardless of the outside air temp. The 2 poker tables fold somewhat, but they are light. Another folding 6 foot table. A dozen chairs. And a 2 burner stove with propane tank. Spice rack. Rod rack. Girly posters. Isn't much freeboard left in most of our canoes.

Nice pics Gavin!!! and looks like a hell of a good time. What a fu..ing tent!!!! very sweet but lots of work it looks like...the price you pay to play poker on the river in 70 degree temps in January.