Kimberling City Area

danop69

• Members

Hello Everyone. Headed to Table Rock this weekend for a week of fishing and relaxation. From everything I have read it looks like the bass are in their typical summertime patterns. I am staying in the Kimberling City area any advice on baits and locations that work well in this area? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Dan

Read Bablers reports as well as some of the others that have recently been posted. Tells just about everything that is going on on TR right now. From the gist I get just from reading reports is to get out on the water around 4:30AM and fish til they quit biting or the boaters are out in full force which is around 9-10ish from what I am picking up. Deep diving cranks and big swimbaits it what Bill and some others have mentioned and as the sun gets up they might switch to bottom type baits and plastics (drop shot, shakey head, tubes, etc). Long gradual runouts/points and then dropoffs into the channel are the locations I am hearing are best right now. Topwater is apparently a no go as of now but I always have one at the ready in case of that "blow up" situation that could happen at any given moment either being whites or blacks, so I would say have that on standby. I think it was bill who said that instead of using topwater to throw at the blowups that he was having better luck with a spoon and letting it drop down to them. Good luck and just keep reading the reports that are posted pretty much daily.

• Members

Thanks for the info abkeenan. We came down about this time last year and the bite was very similar. We used 3" grubs, tubes, crankbaits, football jigs, spoons and inline spinners and also spook jrs. didnt really have to do much drop shottin cause we did so well on everything else but I am prepared to drop shot as well. I have some 4" cut tail worms (plum) for d-shottin and some 3 & 4 inch swimbaits depending on the size of the hatch. Would also like to find some crappie and some schooling whites would be a blast! The water level last year was up about fifteen feet last year, hope my same spots are as productive this year.

If you have the ability to move swiftly and have good electronics, there were quite a few White's blowing up at the Point 9 Split this morning, late. I mean after 8 AM. The deal is you have to be ready to get on them quickly. Saw at least 5 blows bigger than a city block, but we were not that kind of fishermen this morning to make runs at them and throw spoons. When you see a blow, run to the blowup and throw 1/2 spoon, don't believe color matters. Let it sink about the count of 5 and start reel, jerking it back. You can even just wind it in slowly. The blowup will last about 1 miniute. Here is were the electronics come into play just start lookin for them and drop the spoon to them. They have gone in seconds as deep as 50 to 60 ft. after a surface blow. They are also moving fast, so be prepaired to move quickly. Forget the topwater for these fish if you want to eat them. If you don't care if you catch them or not you can throw that spook jr. or a popper. Might get lucky. i'll catch 5 on the spoon to one on your surface bait.

If you are fishing that area, looking to catch White's, and need to move quickly here are some tips. Have zero tackle on the deck while fishing for other species and watching for the fish to boil. Have only a couple of rods out. The one you are using and the one you will use in pursuit of the White's. Be ready to time them down, start the big motor and go. If you have to fiddle around getting stuff settled after you see them and mess around getting ready to run at them you are to late.

Catching them right now is like fishing a tournament, any wasted motion or time cost you money, White Bass money.

Good Luck

• Members

Thanks for the tip Bill. Look forward to trying that. Sounds like a lot of fun as long as you can get on them in time. Any ideas on the crappie fishin? I've read mixed reports.

If you have the ability to move swiftly and have good electronics, there were quite a few White's blowing up at the Point 9 Split this morning, late. I mean after 8 AM. The deal is you have to be ready to get on them quickly. Saw at least 5 blows bigger than a city block, but we were not that kind of fishermen this morning to make runs at them and throw spoons. When you see a blow, run to the blowup and throw 1/2 spoon, don't believe color matters. Let it sink about the count of 5 and start reel, jerking it back. You can even just wind it in slowly. The blowup will last about 1 miniute. Here is were the electronics come into play just start lookin for them and drop the spoon to them. They have gone in seconds as deep as 50 to 60 ft. after a surface blow. They are also moving fast, so be prepaired to move quickly. Forget the topwater for these fish if you want to eat them. If you don't care if you catch them or not you can throw that spook jr. or a popper. Might get lucky. i'll catch 5 on the spoon to one on your surface bait.

If you are fishing that area, looking to catch White's, and need to move quickly here are some tips. Have zero tackle on the deck while fishing for other species and watching for the fish to boil. Have only a couple of rods out. The one you are using and the one you will use in pursuit of the White's. Be ready to time them down, start the big motor and go. If you have to fiddle around getting stuff settled after you see them and mess around getting ready to run at them you are to late.

Catching them right now is like fishing a tournament, any wasted motion or time cost you money, White Bass money.

Good Luck

That is spot on regarding the whites. We did it exactly as Bill describes in Schooner Cr last week, plus chased them up and down the creek roll offs after the big schools broke up. White spoons, 1/2 or even 3/4oz. They are almost easier to fish once they quit busting and drop about 10-20' under the bait and the surface. Don't even really have to watch your spoon on the graph, just drop and snap.

We caught blacks and brownies fairly shallow from Kimberling back towards Joe Bald. Posted that info a couple of days ago. Just mention it as an option to the drop shot. Spoon bite should be going in the deep docks, but it evaded me. Might be the water level or the shad position.

Awesome: Complete information for a weekend.

Awesome: Complete information for a weekend.

No kidding!!!!! great info and reports, it makes it to where even a guy like me feels like I'm armed with at least an idea of what to do. Killer info if you're paying attention IMO

You know I read a lot of forums,, most are full of BS and attacks at eachother. This place is the one forum where people try to help eachother as is very evident by Bills report.

That is great info and great advise. When I am after fish blowing up I put all the other gear away as a rule and only keep one Rod on the deck with one of three baits a spoon, swim bait or top water..... One thing I will say is when chasing fish blowing up DO NOT run into them with the big motor it will put them down fast. In the scenerio Bill described I would be more inclined to have a spoon on and wait for the fish to go down then target them. I am taking in to account this weekend when lots of boats will be out and putting fish down fast. Watch for the blow up then motor over to the spot and use the sonar to find and target them at depth.

• Members

Well. I must say that the start of our week of fishin the Rock has began a lot different than we expected. Needless to say it has been quite tough and at times down right frustrating. Every time we think we are on to some sort of a pattern it stops as quick as it started. Have been to our hot spots from the last couple of years and they have not produced the quality of fish that we have hoped. Mainly have been fishin from Joe Bald to just south of mile marker seven. We have caught quite a few small K's and only a couple keeps. Only one of those was a Lg Mouth. Have caught a few nice Whites also on spoons but have not been able to find schooling fish busting the surface (K's or Whites) We have been out every morning by 4:30am and done by 10. We have caught most of our fish on deep docks over 50 - 60 ft of water on spoons grubs and drop shots. Thinkin about tryin some crawlers to see if that makes a dif or not. Curious to know how everyone else has fared this week?

Dan

Must say tough even a tough week of fishin beats a week of work! :have-a-nice-day:

To Bill. Its looks like you had a couple of nice trips earlier. Awesome reports! Congrats! Im sure its an great feeling to watch your guests catch doubles and triples!