What's Cooking?

ness

In the London markets the fishmongers would have a monkfish on display to get the attention of the crowd. And you are right. It is one of my favorite fish to eat.

Another fish I like to eat.

fullsizeoutput_fb1.jpeg

Got the itch for green chili, so got some Anaheim chili’s, tomatillos and pork. Scorched the chili’s and tomatillos under the broiler, then blended together, Browned the chops, then some onion. Chili mixture, diced pork, chicken stock, cumin and garlic and braised for a couple hours. 

Burrito last night, over eggs this morning. 

94D08244-C0D4-4CB4-8EF6-839A9913F3CB.jpeg

Dang  

(I still dang myself). :D

John

Busy day in the kitchen. Grilled ratatouille just before it goes in the refrigerator. I will take it out in time to reach room temperature for service.

fullsizeoutput_fb8.jpeg

It was a busy day at our house as well. I wanted a ham, bacon and cheese sandwich. So I went out and butchered the pig this morning, went ahead and begun the cure on the ham and got the pork belly smoked with Applewood smoke. As the ham was curing, I went ahead and grew the wheat and milled it for the bread. I had an old Italian bread recipe from Maiers. Once the bread was in the oven, the tomatoes were just about ripened. I picked one of the ripe ones and sliced it. I sliced the bacon and ham and cooked them both. Just as the meat was cooking, the Colby jack cheese was getting done. I took a couple of slices for the sandwich. A quick mayonnaise was prepped.

Toasted the bread, added the mayo, laid on the tomatoes, Salt AND pepper on the tomatoes, then the cooked bacon, Colby jack cheese, and topped with the cooked ham. Not a bad day of work ;)! Or I just bought the stuff and made a sandwich!

20180723_122947.jpg