Who's fishing the Bash?

Seth

I just got my buddy and signed up online so we're officially going doing it. This will be our first one. How many other OAF members will be fishing it?

We're staying across the lake from Coffman access on the Gravois and will probably stay on the Gravois arm if traffic is too bad towards the dam.

I honestly wouldn't know. I've never actually targeted bass on LoZ....ever! I usually chase crappie or catfish when I venture that way. I'm just going to tie on a big bait, go to the back of a cove and beat every dock I see till I can't lift my arms. Maybe I'll be one of those blind hogs that finds an acorn this weekend. :lol:

Seth I know you fish out of a John boat a lot is that what your bringing down here? be extra careful if it is. I do not know how many of these joints down here are still open in the area you have to travel to for weight. That main channel can get wakes in it you almost can not se over from the seat of a John boat.

I'll be in my 1860 jet boat. We'll have to weigh in at Alhonna if we do catch a good one, but I'll worry about that if the time actually comes. I'm not counting on having to even make the trip to the weigh in to be honest.

I wish I was but I will not be down there... A 1/2 oz jig with a beaver trailer, a buzzbait, or a big swimbait is about all I'd be throwing. Maybe a full size brush hog as well. Good luck and look forward to the report and some pictures!

• Members

I will be joining in on the madness this weekend!!:D   I have fished the Bash for the past 4 years and I like the controlled chaos!! lol

We stay around the 7 mm and fish either direction usually within 10 miles.It can get a bit crazy on the main lake so we usually don't run too far.

We just have fun and go fishin', sometimes good things happen!  

The only info I have to share is from our trip last weekend. We fished all day Sat and Sunday till about 1:00pm. Saturday the fishing was much better than Sunday, even though conditions were better on Sunday.Water temp was 77 almost everywhere we went. There are tons of shad already in the backs of the coves and suspended.. We had moderate success on topwater using spook type lures around docks early and when the clouds rolled in. A white double willow spinner bait produced a few, as well as a 3/4 ounce red eye shad. In areas that the bass were schooling my buddy even caught a few on a jerkbait. I threw a buzz bait a TON with zero success. Sunday was terrible!! We only caught a few dinks. Couldn't buy a bite on a jig either. We never did get into any size, the biggest was maybe #2 1/2 pounds. It didn't seem like the fish have made it all the way to the backs of the coves yet. That may change with the cold snap this week.

I agree with Mosmallies on the bait seletions for the bash!!  That's most likely what we will be throwing all weekend, with the addition of a Spook type bait and a big spinner bait!!

Best of luck to you guys and be safe!!  It's nutty out there!!  LOL

Ken