Mineral Fork Smallies

Smallieguy87

Went out and fished a stretch of the mineral fork on saturday. Water temps were hovering around 56°-57°. Fished for about an hour or so and caught six smallies and one largemouth. All were caught on a Texas rigged tube bait. Here's a  picture of the big fish of the day. Nothing to crazy but a super chunky 15'.

2016-04-09_19.20.52.jpg

2 hours ago, Mitch f said:

Looks like a blast! Who took the picture?

Took a buddy of mine who doesn't really fish much so I'm trying to get him into it. He managed a few goggle eye. It's tough to keep him interested lol

1 hour ago, Haris122 said:

He wasn't feeling the goggle eye?

He was excited about having a fish on until he saw it was a goggle eye lol not sure why? I don't mind catching em at all. He's set on bass but just doesn't always have the patience when the bite is slow or just hard in some way. I told him that comes with time and to just keep at it. 

20 minutes ago, DownStream said:

Thanks for the report. Has the stream changed much since the floods?

Haven't got to look at the section near Kingston access. Not much has changed around F bridge. Maybe a little more shallow in the section just up stream of the bridge. I have access near rivermont I'll be checking that out in the next couple weeks and will let you know.

6 hours ago, Smallieguy87 said:

Went out and fished a stretch of the mineral fork on saturday. Water temps were hovering around 56°-57°. Fished for about an hour or so and caught six smallies and one largemouth. All were caught on a Texas rigged tube bait. Here's a  picture of the big fish of the day. Nothing to crazy but a super chunky 15'.

2016-04-09_19.20.52.jpg

Sweet report brother!!!...The Mineral  Fork with its gin water produces some beautiful  bronze warriors....sweet pic man!!!! Kudos ;)

1 hour ago, Smalliebigs said:

Sweet report brother!!!...The Mineral  Fork with its gin water produces some beautiful  bronze warriors....sweet pic man!!!! Kudos ;)

Yeah mineral fork can surprise you with some quality smallmouth. Obviously the average fish size won't be as big as fish from the Mac or Big but still some great fishing to be had.

• 2 weeks later...