Gary Larson

Quillback

Sad that we may be closer to this than we think.   Forty million people performing a nuclear drill and we are more focused on who said what and lied about what. 

Need marine repair? Send our own forum friend "fishinwrench" a message. 

He will treat you like family!!! I owe fishinwrench a lot of thanks. He has been a great mechanic with lots of patience!

2 hours ago, Quillback said:

...One of my favorites:

Larson.jpg

Mine too. Have a copy of that one on the wall.

I can't dance like I used to.

Yep, that's one of my two favorite fishing cartoons of all time.  The other, which I saw before Gary Larson even came onto the scene, was two old guys fishing just like the two in Gary's cartoon, with a big speedboat pulling a shapely bikini-clad woman on waterskis in the background.  One of the old guys says, "I don't know what that feller's usin', but he's trollin' it way too fast."

Got lots of favorite Larson's, though.  One that comes to mind...two spiders have a web strung across the end of a sliding board. One says, "If we pull this off, we'll eat like kings!"

• Members

Al, what I remember about the spiders and the slide cartoon is at the top a the slide is a plump little kid.  Gotta love a little irreverence.

My favorite is the duck with the gun splitting the reeds and hiding behind the female cutout decoy waiving her bikini top...the hunters are bailing out of their blind.

I have that nuclear cartoon on a coffee cup, QB. Love it.

My all-time fave Larson is where a boy and his dad are looking over the fence at the house next door, where a wolf, a lion and assorted other mean animals are prowling around and going in and out of the house. Dad says to the boy, "Bobby, I know you miss the Wainrights, but they were weak and stupid people and that's why we have wolves and other large predators."

ClassActionTransparent.png

I can't find it, but my favorite Larson cartoon was a group of blind people picketing the wrong building and the title was something like "For hours confusion reigned"

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

i don't know who did it but we have the cartoon hung at the river where the boat is sinking in the background and a guy is wading up to a dock with all his fishing stuff and he is about to pile it on the dock.And he says to a guy standing there "watch this while i go back for my wife", who is not in the picture.

My wife framed that because she said that is exactly how it would be with me.