Speaking of TRL Fishing Tournaments . . .

42 minutes ago, DADAKOTA said:

All tourney anglers don't fit the stereotype you have described.  There are bad apples all over the boating/fishing population as well as folks that live on the lake.  Common courtesy just doesn't seem to be important with a lot of people today.  Being respectful and considerate of others and their property is not a high priority in this age of do what I want and immediate gratification.  What a shame.      

Which is why I said to the offender, and posted in my OP, "Boats have been fishing back here all day, and you're the only one that's done that.  Just show some respect . . .  not much to ask."

My wife would not have been as polite as me, but she wasn't down there until later, when fisherman were casting into our slips, over our brushpiles, after her pet fishies.

😏

9 minutes ago, TableRockBoater said:

Which is why I said to the offender, and posted in my OP, "Boats have been fishing back here all day, and you're the only one that's done that.  Just show some respect . . .  not much to ask."

My wife would not have been as polite as me, but she wasn't down there until later, when fisherman were casting into our slips, over our brushpiles, after her pet fishies.

😏

The vibe I got from your post was that due to one bad egg, all tournament anglers should be punished. @DADAKOTA did you see it that way as well? I thought your post was spot on.

50 minutes ago, DADAKOTA said:

All tourney anglers don't fit the stereotype you have described.  There are bad apples all over the boating/fishing population as well as folks that live on the lake. 

I think the OP realizes that,  the idea is that the tourneys and other tourney anglers self police and discourage the bad behavior and/or ban the "bad apples" based on tourney Standards of Courtesy.

Bad behavior on the part of tourney participants can be imposed in several ways; the "good" anglers could set standards and self police or nasty regulations could be incorporated or a battalion of "innocent" pleasure boaters could casually disrupt every tournament to the point tournaments go else where to muck up some other lake.  With enough upset non-tourney water users involved and a bit of organization a nation wide movement could grow to the point that every tournament day would find any lake crowded with skiers or cruisers or kayakers   to the point that idle speeds become standard and every cove is full of pleasure boats. People simply do not have to accept that tournaments are contests between Gods and mortals keep out.

10 minutes ago, 176champion said:

The wake boats, tubers and jetski's are worst, them guy's will about run over you or swamp you.

Just think how a flotilla of those guys could affect a tourney if they organized.

It's funny how in my 20 years on Internet forums I have become experienced at re-explaining what I have said.  You would think in all that time I would have learned how to say what I mean to say so that everyone would understand it the first time.

From the OP, here's what I said to the tournament director: 

There's a lot of fishing going on today, so this might not have been one of your boats, but it would still be a good message to share with your members.

SHOW OTHERS ON THE LAKE THE SAME COURTESY YOU WOULD WANT THEM TO SHOW YOU

To me, that's not penalizing anyone . . just reminding.

And, all I said to the offender(s) was "Hey guys, show a little respect . . . "

16 hours ago, Ketchup said:

Move

You (all who want to designate the lake as a tourney play ground) should buy him ( and all others who protest despicable behavior) out and locate him (them) a place on another Ozark lake where outsiders don't have bass tournaments.

As with most Internet forums, there will always be extreme posts that miss the point, that try to rock the boat rather than steady it.

But, regardless of how one views this discussion, next time they go flying into a cove, and see those docks, boats, people, etc., they will recall it.

&, in the Ozarks, around Branson, no good deed goes unpunished.

😎