Flats???

Coachfish

• Members

Any suggestions on flats near Ruark Bluff? Headed up that way this weekend, thinking I will give these "bottom bouncers" a try. This will be my first attempt with them, so any advice is appreciated.  

• Members
On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 10:43 AM, Coachfish said:

I'm new to Stockton Lake and would love to catch some walleye.  I live close to Aldrich but I would go anywhere.  I'm looking for some good flats to try.  Would anyone know of any good areas that I could try?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Locations mentioned by others, plus you might try around the B7 area of the Big Sac Arm. With decent electronics, you'll find the flats in that and adjacent area extending well out into the lake. Don't forget areas where the underwater channel swings butt up to bluffs or points.

Good luck. I'll be out tomorrow morning around 7:30ish with the wife on another part of the lake. If that area proves unproductive, I'll likely head to the B7 area - blue on gray G3 V172. 

• Members

Headed to Stockton to fish Wednesday and Thursday. Just thought I’d see if anyone is catching walleyes and how deep? Plan on fishing bottom bouncingspinner/crawler harnesses. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

• Members

Weekend was tough for me. I caught a single keeper coming across a point at around 22ft, with a bb trailing a sunfish shortened crawler on a chartreuse floating jig head. The drum and catfish were a bit more active than the walleye for me. I found some crappie schools around 20ft, so I targeted them, instead. Which just affirms my choice of username for this forum.