Commies Invaded the Farm This Week.

Neat sign.

I'd bait the hogs, when I was kid everybody ran hogs semi-wild in the woods and a few gallons of corn always got them home. Of course right now they likely have plenty of mast to feed on. It'd still be the best option to put  them in an easy ambush spot on a regular basis.

Woven wire with a barbed wire running right on the ground and another about 4" up plus two or three barbs along the top will keep most hogs in or out, ime, but that barbed wire in the dirt is a necessity.

We run hog panels or board fence growing up to keep the Chester Whites and Hampshires in..  That stretch of the farm is either woven wire or 3 strand barbed wire.  Have to run the fence to see where it came in. 

Checked with neighbors, seems like he has been running up and down for several miles.  Maybe just a lone boar.  But an active group is being worked about 10 miles away. 

Deer seem to suck this year.  Game cams are all does.  No acorns.  Newly clearcut nearby that is probably being used as a bedding area for the bucks. 

My new mission, tusks.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

21 hours ago, awhuber said:

When we show property in Iron, Reynolds, and parts of Shannon, The damage is pretty amazing.

20201017_154445.jpg

How can anyone really blame that on her? 

This problem started with a game ranch that failed.  Then MDC opened a season on them without any license and locals started spreading them.  What better thing to do when there is nothing to kill but hunt pigs on a horse with dogs while drinking.

The problem is, they were not identified as invasive species and eradicated from the start.  Its a kudzu plant that has slowly taken over. 

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

Use to like baiting and killing hogs on COE land until MDC put a stop to it.

They want me to tell them where the hogs are. The heck with them they are so smart let them figure out where they are at.

oneshot

I activated neighborhood watch, that should help.  All else fails, get the idiot brother in law and his band of hog hunters over for a beer fest after deer season to root it out.

Hunter S. Thompson