Best jigging rods for trout

I have for the past few years gotten into the JDM rods, Japanese Domestic Rods and once you get one in your hand you will understand why. Super light and sensitivity is fantastic. I have six now but my favorite is my Soare BB S700SULS which is a 7 foot rod that I liked so much I purchased a second one. You could probably find one now for around $150. Great rod for trout, crappies and panfish but will handle a nice bass as well. My 7 foot Soare weighs 2.4 oz. Only downside is you order from Japan without holding the rod first but the Soare to me is like a magic wand.

• 3 weeks later...

@Ham im going to give the nanofil a try, do you tie that directly on your spool or use mono backing? Ive gotten pretty good at the FG knot so i think ill use that to tie the leader on.

3 minutes ago, MNtransplant said:

@Ham im going to give the nanofil a try, do you tie that directly on your spool or use mono backing? Ive gotten pretty good at the FG knot so i think ill use that to tie the leader on.

I think I have done both. It's fine to have a little mono underneath ; I'd probably tie a uni to uni there since it won't be in play much.

I have not learned to FG. I'm doing Alberto or three loop surgeons knot to attach leader

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

I've used a ton of trout rods for throwing jigs straight but my favorite right now are 7 ft light action Falcon Bucco's (they are $59 one piece rods).  I used to be a 6'6 guy but that 7 foot will cast the jig even further and I feel like the extra rod helps with the playing of the fish.  I always always use 2 pound test line no exceptions.  I used shimano reels for years but they got to where they suck on taney if there is any moisture in the air they become hard to reel.  I took the advice of alot of guys on here and went to Pflueger Presidents and couldn't be any happier.  Good luck to ya. 

1 hour ago, Travis Swift said:

I've used a ton of trout rods for throwing jigs straight but my favorite right now are 7 ft light action Falcon Bucco's (they are $59 one piece rods).  I used to be a 6'6 guy but that 7 foot will cast the jig even further and I feel like the extra rod helps with the playing of the fish.  I always always use 2 pound test line no exceptions.  I used shimano reels for years but they got to where they suck on taney if there is any moisture in the air they become hard to reel.  I took the advice of alot of guys on here and went to Pflueger Presidents and couldn't be any happier.  Good luck to ya. 

I should've mentioned I like 7' rods too.