Olliefest XVI??

ollie

Shows you just how old I am getting! Can't remember how many years now we have done this.  Anywho, we will do it again after Thanksgiving on Sunday at 9. God willing and the creek don't rise! God must be willing though since I didn't die back in Feb. of this year. Let's all meet down at the lower parking lot at that time and then we will go at it. I'm sure the creek has changed somewhat since last year. Although I'm not sure where since I have only scoped out the 2 bridges this year so far. Didn't even fish them, just wanted to see what was going on. I'm driving a silver Subaru now so just look for me.

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

Well. I really am glad to see this continue. I really wanted to show up this year, but due to the circumstances, I can't. Hopefully by next year I'll be mobile enough to be able to walk the creek and catch an Olliefest fish. 

Have fun, be safe, looking forward to the report as always.   

Money is just ink and paper, worthless until it switches hands, and worthless again until the next transaction. (me)

I am the master of my unspoken words, and the slave to those that should have remained unsaid. (unknown)

On 11/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, ollie said:

Shows you just how old I am getting! Can't remember how many years now we have done this.  Anywho, we will do it again after Thanksgiving on Sunday at 9. God willing and the creek don't rise! God must be willing though since I didn't die back in Feb. of this year. Let's all meet down at the lower parking lot at that time and then we will go at it. I'm sure the creek has changed somewhat since last year. Although I'm not sure where since I have only scoped out the 2 bridges this year so far. Didn't even fish them, just wanted to see what was going on. I'm driving a silver Subaru now so just look for me.

Ill see you then looks like we may get some rain leading up so won't get pressured as bad. Like it a little dirty anyway 😆   

21 minutes ago, trythisonemv said:

Ill see you then looks like we may get some rain leading up so won't get pressured as bad. Like it a little dirty anyway 😆   

I don't think that it could be called OllieFest if there wasn't some rain or a threat of it and windy conditions 😅

Good luck to all of the participants next Sunday! Will someone beat Buzz this year?

It's true, if they haven't stocked then the winner most times only wins with 2-5 fish total. We shall see this year!

"you can always beat the keeper, but you can never beat the post"

There are only three things in life that are certain : death, taxes, and the wind blowing at Capps Creek!

On 11/23/2022 at 6:47 AM, ollie said:

It's true, if they haven't stocked then the winner most times only wins with 2-5 fish total. We shall see this year!

I will be throwing big streamers again this year. Tied some just for small creeks so maybe ill find a big brown.