2-20-23

Ketchup

4 minutes ago, Flysmallie said:

But they cruise so much better around 75. 

Old bass club buddy had a Gambler that would peak out at 78.   He was cooking along one day about 68-72mph and a bump board he left on the front deck took half his face off.    2 years later he was rounding a point and couldn't avoid another boat.  He's still dead.  🙄

1 hour ago, fishinwrench said:

Old bass club buddy had a Gambler that would peak out at 78.   He was cooking along one day about 68-72mph and a bump board he left on the front deck took half his face off.    2 years later he was rounding a point and couldn't avoid another boat.  He's still dead.  🙄

I didn’t say it was for everyone. You still have to be intelligent about it. Just because someone has a drivers license doesn’t mean they can handle a race car. 

4 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Sounds like he made 2 bad mistakes. I try to keep those to a minimum. 

Im pretty sure that my Skeeter running 76 has less chance of flipping up VS one of those real speed boats, like a Allison XB. I have plenty of forward weight that it would take a tornado over the lake to even think about picking the front up. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

5 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

Old bass club buddy had a Gambler that would peak out at 78.  

What was the deal with those Gamblers? I could push that old Champion into the low 80’s depending on water conditions and it cooked across the water around 77 like a Cadillac. But there was this one Gambler that I ran across in different tournaments and several times we ended up in a race. But I never had a chance of catching him. Maybe if I changed props but I hated running the faster prop. Never did meet that guy but we had some fun out there a few times. 

2 hours ago, Flysmallie said:
8 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

What was the deal with those Gamblers?

Was?   They are still making them.....one at a time.    Weight distribution, pad, and transom design give them a definite edge if speed PLUS safety is your goal. 

Stroker's are a Gambler copycat wannabe.  

If Speed is your thing.....and you really don't care if you die in a boat crash.....Bullet or Allison is likely your brand of choice. 

The coolest, best built bass boat I've ever seen....and I just recently got introduced to it.....is the iKon LX21 🤗   If I ever hit the lottery that will be my very first purchase.   I'll be the only guy in the world with a brand new bassboat powered by a 20 year old 2-stroke.  😁  Because I wouldn't buy a new 4-stroke outboard if I had all the money in the world.

I remember an old Terry bass boat coming out of a sheltered cove on Table Rock on a windy day (30 mph?) back around '77. He turned at the point into the wind doing about 35. The wind got under the boat due to waves even though he was well trimmed out. It flipped his boat around 30' in the air. I never heard if they ever found his body or not.