2-20-23

Ketchup

Im starting to think that this time of year is when i should be doing anything but fishing. 3rd trip out in 3 weeks, each trip short, only 2 hours each, but not a single nibble in those 6 hours. 

Finally got my rear transducer mounted last night so wanted to see if i had it adjusted decent. Pretty happy with the new units. Definitely need more water time to get them dialed in.  

Back in December i ran across a sand bar and scuffed up my new prop and knew i had lost some speed. I haven’t opened it up since that day, but today the water was nice so i let the Skeeter go. Before the incident i could get a pretty constant 80.3 out of it if i held on to it long enough. As you can see i lost about 3mph. Guess i will send it off and get it touched up.  

I did mark several brush piles for those summer months.

D3AEF16D-4A8E-42DE-ABB5-18D6296AB4F4.jpeg

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

I just got in from running out there, found a few crappie in a deep school, nothing too exciting. Fished by the dam until 6:30 looking for walleyes and only caught one smallie. With how the forecast is looking I don't think it will be very long.

-Austin

I fished a jerkbait like usual the first hour, then switched to a Ned on points. Seen fish suspended on several points but nothing. Even threw a jigging spoon for a bit. I’m ready for some mid 50’s water. 

TinBoats BassClub.  An aluminum only bass club. If interested in info send me a PM. 

10 hours ago, Ketchup said:

I fished a jerkbait like usual the first hour, then switched to a Ned on points. Seen fish suspended on several points but nothing. Even threw a jigging spoon for a bit. I’m ready for some mid 50’s water. 

I caught everything except the smallie on a slab rap.

-Austin

5 hours ago, Skeeter ZX190 said:

76 to 81 mph is WAY too fast for me.  I'm a slow poke.  You may beat me to the spot, and out fish me, but I'll still have fun!  😃

My average speed for most of the year is 58mph. Doing that 76 yesterday the tears  in my eyes were so heavy i had to throttle down. 

Im all about having fun. Ask the guys i fish with. I’ve been known to play pranks while on the water. 😁

Since the largest HP motor I ever had was 90, I never saw those speeds. My last boat (16', 90HP) topped out at 37 mph.75 mph would make me pee my pants.

38 minutes ago, rps said:

Since the largest HP motor I ever had was 90, I never saw those speeds. My last boat (16', 90HP) topped out at 37 mph.75 mph would make me pee my pants.

My best was 81.2mph last winter. That felt way faster than the 76.  It made the run from Ruark back to Cedar Ridge yesterday pretty quick. I do enjoy going 50’s.