Tigers and Dawgs

Quillback

Really depends on what the Tigers do the next couple of weeks. Starts this week with Tenner. 
Mizzou had owned Tennessee like they do the Hogs, until the last 4 years. Tenner has won 4 straight. 

If you took the recruiting by Arkansas and Mizzou and put them together they would not be at Tenner’s level.  They just have not had a coach. Got one now. 

They are the 3/4/5 best team in the SEC. We’ll see which this weekend. 

If Mizzou beats Tenner and walks all over  a very bad Florida team the Hogs will have their hands full the last week of the season. 

Who knows in college football. Cook is going to have to stop giving it to the other team in the 4th. quarter. 

Mizzou is legitimately good. 

Mizzou totally crushed Tenner and LSU hung 50 plus on the Gators. 
Florida at Miz next week. Tigers should roll over them but who knows. 

Todays power ranks have Mizzou 8th. Nationally. 3rd. In the SEC. 

When the next poll comes out I’m guessing 9-10 or 11 AP Coaches Poll ranking. 

Mizzou is loaded both sides of the ball. 4 draft picks not counting Burden. 

Im in a deer stand. Bucks chasing everywhere in middle Mo.

622C1817-6B44-4C40-8622-4A30BD290EB9.jpeg

Naturally, Mizzou will probably end up ranked in the top ten, the year BEFORE they go to a 12 team playoff.

They completely dominated Tennessee.  Like everybody else, I was figuring it to be pretty close game.  I think we can now say that Mizzou is good.  If they could have cut down on mistakes in previous games they could be undefeated at this point.

Son and I are going to the Florida game. I’m guessing by game time it will be a sellout. Only I believe a couple of hundred tickets remaining on Monday. 

We play LSU again we win that game. Not sour grapes, Mizzou just didn’t realize how good they were.  Mizzou has at least 4, maybe 5 NFL draft picks thru 3-4th. round.

Here is a name to watch Marquez “Speedy” Johnson.  Young man is one of the fastest players in the SEC.   And, he can really catch the ball.  Only a true freshman that is getting snaps and really helping a team that has a wide receiver room loaded with SEC caliber veteran receivers.  

We win this week against Florida we will probably go to the Arkansas game. I’m guessing there are plenty of tickets. 

On another note as I told James  last week. Mizzou and Arkansas are not really rivals. Mizzou and Tenner are the rivals. We hate them they hate everyone. Most delusional fan base in the history of sports. 

All time series is tied up now vs Tenner. 

Huge round trip to Columbia. 4.5 hours from SK each way. I stayed at the Drury hotel in COMO. Didn’t get back to the hotel till 12:30. That’s late for an old dog. 

Florida is not good. They played like they were against us. They are just loaded with athletes and speed. Remember these guys are from a No. 3 recruiting class. 

Could not stop the misdirection and multiple offensive sets. Florida was full of eye candy they had not used in any game this season. 

Missing T. Hop. at line backer hurt as our freshman got really gap fooled and the two Florida backs are speed personified. 

Gave up more yardage to them than either Jajaa or Tenner.  Your not going to beat Missouri playing power football.

You try and line up a RB or a QB and run them straight up against this defense and you will not get it done.   You have a good OC that can create misdirection and eye candy and you can make plays against the Tigers.  

When Missouri came to the SEC they really didn’t know about playing 4 quarters of football. They do now. They will play as tough on the last snap as they do on the first snap. 

To beat Mizzou, no turnovers, a great offensive coordinator and you have to really want to for every minute of 4 quarters.  

If they get you down they are not going to let up. If you get them down it’s going to fire them up.  They want a New Year 6 bowl and an 11 win season something fierce. 

Good luck to both teams Friday. Hope for a great game and no injuries. 

C76A1B39-B510-441B-A753-527F04904C91.jpeg

• Members

I was at the Florida game also.    We decided to drive back home after the game.    I got back to Clever about 3:00 AM.   Too late for this old dog too!
It was a great college game even though Mizzou didn't play thier best on Defense.     Wasn't looking good when it was 4th and 17 with a minute to go.   But, they found a way and that's what good teams do.    Weather wasn't bad either.   Helped there was no wind blowing.     M-I-Z!

That 4th and 17 play was a thing of beauty.  O-line gave Cook time, Burden found a small open spot in the zone, and Cook put the ball EXACTLY where it had to be, and Burden made sure he caught it.  Probably the most clutch play Cook and the whole offense has ever pulled off.  It just seemed to deflate Florida, like they knew Mizzou was going to beat them at that point. 

P.  You must have had the hammer down to get home by 3. Took us 1.5 hours just to get out to I-70. 

We parked at the engineering building parking lot. That’s about a 35 minute walk from the tunnel. We were also on the West side and that added time to just get to the tunnel.