Old Yeller?

Quillback

Yellow bass remind me a lot of white perch. We have a few lakes in Kansas with white perch and they can really be a hassle. They're both terrific bait for catfish and stripers. Big bass like to eat them also. The big largemouth in Wilson Lake, KS eat a lot of white perch and the guys in Texas fish a lot of yellow bass swimbaits. 

On 1/11/2024 at 5:32 PM, Blll said:

Yep, yellow bass for sure. Cousin to White bass, much smaller, more prolific. Not a good thing.

Yessir, clearly a dratted Yellow Bass.  Used to catch them far too often when I would get "persuaded" to fish the Mud-hole called "Carlyle Lake" in SW Illinois.  You are correct about the darn things being "more prolific" to the point where they can almost take-over a Lake and are notorious for reducing the creel of both Crappie and White Bass in a shallow, flatland Lake like Carlyle.  What their impact will be on a deeper, Highland Reservoir like TR is unknown to me but I don't like seeing/hearing the darn things are here.  Maybe the larger Walters will consume them ?