Gates are shut.... more rain coming today

• Root Admin

Generation down to less than one unit.  TR is at 917.2 feet.  More than an inch forecasted today and tomorrow so TR should go back up past 918.  Gates?  Or will they have the units back online?

Lilleys Landing logo 150.jpg

48 minutes ago, Phil Lilley said:

Generation down to less than one unit.  TR is at 917.2 feet.  More than an inch forecasted today and tomorrow so TR should go back up past 918.  Gates?  Or will they have the units back online?

Thx, Phil.  I'm headed down some time this week for a longer stay....  No units, just spillways please!!😁

I guess they are determined to hold TR at 917.  I'm sure they have good reasons, but you'd think they'd run the generators full out to get what it basically free electricity instead of sending water over the spillway.  

I'm really glad I decided to come down Saturday now. I had a feeling they wouldn't be on much longer. Had a half dozen 20"+ fish follow me, but only one hook up. Had a 20-21" brown on for a while and then pulled a newbie move and caught the lure instead of the fish with the net and he flopped off. Dragging the white bomber and casting a #7 flicker shad in shad pattern was the best thing I had going. Fish were deep. I did see some fish blowing up on something on the bluff bank below Lookout. I never actually saw cicadas hit the water where they were blowing up so they have just after shad. They were eating whatever it was with authority though!