Chickens love walnuts. Or What A Great Day Here in the Ozarks.

Terrierman

Yes another wonderful day here in BilletHeadVille also. Spent the last three days with my 79 or 80 year old Uncle John. Made another trip here from Belleville Illinois for a visit. Does this twice a year spring and fall. He is getting old enough shuffles as he walks. Fingers don't work so good etc but all he wants to do is shoot our PCP air rifles. This time he brought three. I got out my best two. As long as I keep air in the SCBA tank and his gun tank filled and targets up down range he is elated. Picky eater but Pat knows what he likes. Most of the time trying different pellets and slugs for performance. Then sighting in with the best. I and my rifles know what we like but since John shoots very little he forgets. Well this afternoon we were splitting playing cards at 30,40 and then 50 yards. Yes you heard right cutting them in half sideways. I made a jig to hold a card. It was a hoot. Wind didn't help but slugs are not as effected like pellets in the wind.  The cardholder and Uncle John in his happy place. 

IMG_20241017_162622472.jpg

IMG_20241017_162615332_HDR.jpg

IMG_20241017_162611729.jpg

IMG_20241017_135005345.jpg

IMG_20241015_093527603_HDR.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Evening before last did some pesting. Was quite the hatch of groundhog here. 35 yards with a .25 44 grain hollow point. Went down like a sack of potatoes. Tits up. These are adult big person toys.Had another show up yesterday evening but it seen me. This last one made four taken care of. Get out and enjoy this fantastic weather. Winter will be here before you know it. 

IMG_20241015_165426787.jpg

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

2 hours ago, Quillback said:

Just looked at the 10 day - 70's and 80's though the 27th, no rain in sight.  We could use some rain, but if it's not going to happen, I can live with this weather.  75 right now without a cloud in the sky.  

It's like living in Northern New Mexico.  Comfortable for sure.