New State Record Drum, maybe.

Well, it was 8 1/2 lbs.  The bass was 6 lbs 1 Oz.  Short fat one 19" long.20241019_180231.jpgIMG_3074.jpg

Did Pickwick Lake on Sat.  Water temp still 70 and shad balls at 5' deep in middle of deep coves.  Nothing showing under them.  Several shorts, couple of 2-3 lb smallies, several large drum late before sunset on cranks.

Nice fall day

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

22 minutes ago, Quillback said:

Never have caught a drum on a crank.  That would be fun.

SR 5 crawdad colored shadrap. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Flicker Shad size 6 white with black back and spot on side....

They started hammering them about a half hour before sunset that nite.  They were bringing units online and water was coming up.

"Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously."

Hunter S. Thompson

3 hours ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

That’s a toad!   Nice one 👍

Green pumpkin orange flake tender tube.  Buddy backed off the trolling motor to tie a lure on after a breakoff.  I took over the front and dropped it off the shelf point we were coming up on.  Just mouthed it and started swimming.  I gave it nudge and he took off and set hook himself.

Went down to fish with him on his birthday and ended up putting the hurt on him all day.   But, as usual, we had fun.

Hunter S. Thompson

9 hours ago, jdmidwest said:

Flicker Shad size 6 white with black back and spot on side....

They started hammering them about a half hour before sunset that nite.  They were bringing units online and water was coming up.

That sounds awesome!  I’ve always wanted to drag my boat to TN and hit some of those tail waters.  

We had talked about running down to Wilson in Florence Alabama for his birthday, but that did not work out.  Supposedly the fish are bigger and better at Muscle Shoals.

We never had a chance this year to hit Nickajack or Chicamauga this year together.  He is going there this weekend with another friend.  See how that goes.

Hunter S. Thompson