What's Cooking?

ness

4th over. Look at this. Pork tenderloin, homemade apple chutney, and a salad. Good stuff, y'all.

fullsizeoutput_ed2.jpeg

1 hour ago, rps said:

4th over. Look at this. Pork tenderloin, homemade apple chutney, and a salad. Good stuff, y'all.

fullsizeoutput_ed2.jpeg

You can't have a beautiful place setting like that, a high end meal of that caliber and it with a "y'all"!

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

Lunch today was a bit of a throwback to days of bachelor hood, deer camps, and gravel bars.  Some leftover smoked beef roast (chopped up) a diced onion, a few boiled taters and plenty of seasoning.  Formed into a sort of patty and put into a skillet with some garlic flavored olive oil.  Got a decent crust on some of it, wife wouldn't let me finish it with a can of baked beans on top, had to have them separately.  But was pretty tasty, seasonings the best I can recall were house seasoning (salt, pepper,garlic powder), cavenders and some brisket rub mix just because I happen to spot it while putting it all together.  

2018-07-07 13.12.55.jpg

Ultimate beef burger day (Picture heavy),

Wouldn't want to split this post up and be accused of padding the tally.   Started off the day with a three mile walk down the dirt road which took some time. Everyone driving down the road wanted to talk. Country life and everyone knows everyone. In the city you would get wizzed by folks who are way too busy. Gave the old dog Sadie a chance to rest as she is getting older and slower. Finally got home and loaded up to hit the sweet corn patch for picking. Another benefit of friends in the country. We give to each other, help, food, produce it is the best. There is noting we would not do for each other. Don't have to ask it just happens. 

thumbnail_ATT00001.jpg2.jpg

And now I present the original "Corn Dog" they pick and eat too :) thumbnail_0707181047.jp3.jpg

Got home and prepared Korean spicy slaw. Shredded Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, and red bell pepper. The dressing part seasoned rice vinegar, gochujang (Korean chili paste), grapeseed oil, garlic, ginger and soy sauce,

thumbnail_0707181237.jp4.jpg   Then time to prepare burger meat. We used 6 oz. boneless beef short rib, 1/2 lb. Brisket and 1 1/2 lbs. Beef chuck. Chunk it all up and grind then mix, thumbnail_0707181340.jpg   Grill 4 minutes per side over charcoal and white oak splits,thumbnail_0707181419b_HDR.jpg    

Yes it will be and is very pink and juicy inside. Not worried it went through my grinder and not through some other processing plant. We were rewarded with a meal fit for kings and queens of which we are over BilletHeadVille. We are blessed,

thumbnail_0707181427b.jpg  Sliced tomatoes from the garden, Hawaiian bun :) ,

BilletHead 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

13 hours ago, BilletHead said:

Ultimate beef burger day (Picture heavy),

Wouldn't want to split this post up and be accused of padding the tally.   Started off the day with a three mile walk down the dirt road which took some time. Everyone driving down the road wanted to talk. Country life and everyone knows everyone. In the city you would get wizzed by folks who are way too busy. Gave the old dog Sadie a chance to rest as she is getting older and slower. Finally got home and loaded up to hit the sweet corn patch for picking. Another benefit of friends in the country. We give to each other, help, food, produce it is the best. There is noting we would not do for each other. Don't have to ask it just happens. 

thumbnail_ATT00001.jpg2.jpg

And now I present the original "Corn Dog" they pick and eat too :) thumbnail_0707181047.jp3.jpg

Got home and prepared Korean spicy slaw. Shredded Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, and red bell pepper. The dressing part seasoned rice vinegar, gochujang (Korean chili paste), grapeseed oil, garlic, ginger and soy sauce,

thumbnail_0707181237.jp4.jpg   Then time to prepare burger meat. We used 6 oz. boneless beef short rib, 1/2 lb. Brisket and 1 1/2 lbs. Beef chuck. Chunk it all up and grind then mix, thumbnail_0707181340.jpg   Grill 4 minutes per side over charcoal and white oak splits,thumbnail_0707181419b_HDR.jpg    

Yes it will be and is very pink and juicy inside. Not worried it went through my grinder and not through some other processing plant. We were rewarded with a meal fit for kings and queens of which we are over BilletHeadVille. We are blessed,

thumbnail_0707181427b.jpg  Sliced tomatoes from the garden, Hawaiian bun :) ,

BilletHead 

You didn't grill that corn??

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

BH

Not sure what sounded better in this post

1) just being around good people that help each other out and share in their bounty.

2) not being whizzed on by folks that are too busy rushing around😂.

3) that korean slaw

4) or that burger mix

Since I can't makup my mind, I'll just like it all! (That is with only one like😁)!

In the same spirit demonstrated by BilletHead this will not be multiple posts.

Just getting caught up. On the fourth we kept it simple - beer brats on the grill. However, we did have a caprese salad. Only thing from our garden was the basil. Though there are cherokee purple tomatoes @ness

20180704_185616.jpg

20180704_185623.jpg

On Friday another quick dinner day. Rotisserie chicken with noodles and chanterelle/oyster mushrooms. I sliced the mushrooms and started cooking the chanterelles in a dry skillet to let them release their water. Then added the oysters (farmer's market) along with minced vidalia onion and garlic. I added a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Once cooked, I drizzled a fig infused balsamic into the mushroom mixture. 

20180706_202847.jpg

1 hour ago, Johnsfolly said:

In the same spirit demonstrated by BilletHead this will not be multiple posts.

Just getting caught up. On the fourth we kept it simple - beer brats on the grill. However, we did have a caprese salad. Only thing from our garden was the basil. Though there are cherokee purple tomatoes @ness

20180704_185616.jpg

20180704_185623.jpg

On Friday another quick dinner day. Rotisserie chicken with noodles and chanterelle/oyster mushrooms. I sliced the mushrooms and started cooking the chanterelles in a dry skillet to let them release their water. Then added the oysters (farmer's market) along with minced vidalia onion and garlic. I added a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Once cooked, I drizzled a fig infused balsamic into the mushroom mixture. 

20180706_202847.jpg

Did you tailgate and cook out in the parking lot before the race? :)

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead