What's Cooking?

ness

On 9/21/2018 at 5:47 PM, Terrierman said:

Which apples (please say Granny Smith!)and what kind of sausage?  Looks and sounds good.  Sweet and savory is a great way to go.

Redux tonight on the apples and sausage, this time using Granny Smith like you suggested. That was the ticket! That and a switch to patty sausage (Rice’s medium) took it over the top. 

189358EA-A06F-4E0D-AA2B-2814202CCFC8.jpeg

This was delicious. Old recipe updated. 

John

1 hour ago, MOPanfisher said:

That crusty sourdough is crying for a nice white chili to dip it in.  Gavin that stew looks tasty, it would be great to dip sourdough in as welll.  I have no clue what I am having for supper, am at friends house and currently their black lab is bedded own in my lap so can't even go peek.

A dog in your lap? Heaven does not worry about meals.

Left over smoked turkey from September turned into a version of Chicken Divan. The base recipe is on my blog, Living Well in the Ozarks.

fullsizeoutput_111d.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_111c.jpeg

Boneless skinless chicken breast marinated in a sun-dried tomato with garlic, Parmesan, and basil vinaigrette.
I've then seasoned it with a chipotle seasoning. 
Grilled and topped with a three cheese blend. 
I then added grilled onions, orange, red, and green peppers, seasoned with a Fiesta brand vegetable seasoning.

IMG_7046.JPG

Chief Grey Bear

Living is dangerous to your health

Owner Ozark Fishing Expeditions

Co-Owner, Chief Executive Product Development Team Jerm Werm

Executive Pro Staff Team Agnew

Executive Pro Staff Paul Dallas Productions

Executive Pro Staff Team Heddon, River Division

Chief Primary Consultant Missouri Smallmouth Alliance

Executive Vice President Ronnie Moore Outdoors

4 minutes ago, Terrierman said:

Kielbasa, apple, kraut and potatoes all in bed together.  With just a wee bit of beer to help everything steam nicely.

Dang it Rick wanna see a picture :) ,

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Section of pork loin,

Prepared Sous Vide bath at 130 degrees. Sealed loin roast with S&P , thyme, rosemary and sliced garlic in the bag. Dropped in and did not worry about it for three hours.  Started coals and banked to one side of the grill with peach wood for the smoke. Opposite side on went the meat after it's bath,

thumbnail_1025181606.jpg   Twenty minutes a flip and turn. Then twenty more minutes. A can of bean greens for me and when the Mrs. Gets home she gets the can of peas :) thumbnail_1025181619.jpg  Moist, smoky and tasty. A drizzle of The BilletHead's BBQ sauce topped it off. 

BilletHead

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Quick shrimp and grits. Sautéed shallot in butter and oil, added creole seasoning, tomato paste and flour. Added a little chicken broth for a sauce. Thickened then butter swirled in. Then creole seasoned shrimp were tossed in to cook. Grits with cheddar and cream. 

5BCD4B9D-C045-4AB1-8C44-00E7C36435DB.jpeg

John