Crankbait Rod

DavidB

11 hours ago, DavidB said:

.  I am hoping the Branson BPS will have something in stock. 

This made me a Laugh Out Loud. You’re Going to Be Disappointed. That location is so Bad at having stuff in stock that I’ll never ever, ever ever Go Back. 

Every Saint has a past, every Sinner has a future. On Instagram @hamneedstofish

14 minutes ago, Ham said:

This made me a Laugh Out Loud. You’re Going to Be Disappointed. That location is so Bad at having stuff in stock that I’ll never ever, ever ever Go Back. 

Man, no kidding.  That place b-u-h-l-o-w-s.

Kathy always insists on going in there to look around whenever we're around The Landing and I'm to the point that I'll either wait in the Tahoe or walk around the corner and drink a beer while she's there.

The lack of pertinent inventory has begun to feel like some sort of personal insult and the carnival barkers at the door hustling Big Cedar and whatever other real estate/travel "opportunities" Johnny might be offering are obnoxious to the point of justifiable physical violence.

Sorry but I'm glad I finally got all that off my chest........

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

Extreme Outdoors in Branson West. They have a great selection of baits/colors that work. They are very helpful with up to date lake imfo as well. Prices are good also in my opinion.

• Members

Thanks to all.  Good information!  We’re really looking forward to chasing smallmouth when we come.  It’s a rare opportunity that we enjoy once each year.  Coming on the 21st, looks like we MAY be arriving at the right time.  

13 hours ago, DavidB said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  I have a couple of older Falcon Lowriders, and they’re really good rods, if a little heavy.  I’ll be at Table Rock the week of the 21st, and am hoping the Branson BPS will have something in stock.  The ones I’ve visited rarely have a selection of Falcons in stock.  Any other suggestions will be much appreciated!

Shoot Bill Babler a PM, or call him, unless things have changed I believe he uses Falcons and if he doesn't have any around, I am sure he can find some for you.

Contact info:  http://whiteriveroutfitters.com/

7 minutes ago, Quillback said:

Shoot Bill Babler a PM, or call him, unless things have changed I believe he uses Falcons and if he doesn't have any around, I am sure he can find some for you.

Contact info:  http://whiteriveroutfitters.com/

This.  Bill's a great source for Falcon's both new and used.

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."  George Carlin

"The only money ever wasted is money never spent."  Me.

Like others have mentioned DO NOT go to BPS @ Branson Landing and expect to find a selection of rods. That store location is a last resort if I am in a crunch and HAVE to have something lickety-split. You'd be better off stopping by the headquarter shop in Springfield and even at that their selection outside of their own house brand gear is minimal.

I'd get something off Tackle Warehouse before you make the trip to TR. Won't find a better selection of rods/tackle/gear than what they offer and they currently have a "Tax Relief" 10% off sale running.  I don't personally have one but I've heard good things about the St. Croix Mojo Big Crankster. Lotta people like Dobyn's rods for cranking also.

St. Croix Mojo Bass Glass Cranking Rod 7'8" Med Hvy

Show Information
Taper Line Wt. Lure Wt. Guides Handle Type Handle Length Stock Price Qty
Moderate 10-20lb 3/8-1oz 8+Tip Mojo II Glass C 17" In Stock: 3+ $140.00

Another option would be to stop by the Lew's store in Springfield right off 44. Would have any rod you want in the Lew's lineup.

• Members

I have 5 Duckett rods, but not one of their crankbait rods.  I really like the ones that I have.  Has anyone tried one of their rods with a parabolic action—either the 7’ M or the 7’6” MH?

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:03 AM, Ham said:

Ya, but they have beef jerky, taffy and if you're really, really lucky they will have fresh hot fudge.  Coming to a BPS near you....... characters in costume and rides for kids. Tackle Warehouse for me until BPS buys them out, Denali and Falcon...... I just bought a couple Falcon Bucco for spinnerbait and Fluke fishing from TW for $99 each and so far, pleased.