Table rock walleye

rangerman

I have spent the last couple of days beating up on bull shoals walleyes but decided to switch gears to table rock. 

As was on bull shoals the early morning bite is the best by far. Trolled flickers shads with 2 ounce snap weights. Flicker shads in your standard shad patterns were the best. Speeds 2.3. Gravel roll offs 22-25 foot deep and there is also a suspended fish pattern but may have to contend with some white bass. Planer boards lines were picking fish up 4-1 over flatlines. I had 9 walleye this morning in 2.5 hours and some giant whites. Did keep a limit for supper. Go get em! And get off water by 10 cause it gets HOT!

76693DC4-31CD-47F7-865C-C09316954643.jpeg

15C59CB6-3D60-43DE-BC92-E8866840AB70.jpeg

5388718A-9BB4-4F74-B297-8F23B719AC04.jpeg

This post has been promoted to an article

Walleye have really been biting up the White this year, were catching several a day on swimbaits and also missing some.  Kind of like Rangerman said a lot of these are suspended in that 22 to 30 ft. thermocline area.

Great report, you should also be catching some suspended bass with those toothy critters.

Yeah bill we had some sub legal kentuckies and a couple of smallies as well.  Same program but most of those were caught in the open water, not on the gravel, which is kind of odd because we usually pick a few up with the gravel lizards on the gravel breaks. I really hammered on the walleye suspended at bull shoals, 23 foot suspended over 80 foot of water.

Interesting about the planar boards...ive never tried those before.  Longline trolling cranks, jigged spoons, and live crawler rigs work for me very well during the summer on walleye, bass, and whites.   Were the planar boards running shallower? I, sometimes, find walleye very shallow (8-12fow) in the summer, even in the middle of the day.