Bridge Weight Limit

NoLuck

There's a huge difference between 5 ton and 16 ton.    Where did they come up with those numbers.  Must be "new math".  

I guarantee they will be driving the stocking truck over it.  That thing full of water is gonna be heavier than any RV I'd think.

Well, hopefully everyone with heavier rigs go around.  Heck, just my 2003 Ranger and 12ft pop-up camper was pushing 7k.  Just imagine a 5th wheel and 4X4 Dually diesel pick up combined.  I saw a ton of people doing that before. 

I mentioned the weight limit to a guy I followed in one evening. He was pulling a big 5th wheel with a 1Ton Dodge diesel single rear wheel.  He was at the check in office for the CG.  His reply was comical yet sad. He said he’d been driving over that bridge for years with no issues.  He also said he planned on driving over it as long as it was there, because he didn’t like straining his truck pulling his camper up that big hill at the main entrance.  I asked him if his camper was to heavy for his truck.  He had no clue. Said the salesman said he had plenty of truck to pull it. LOL 

Kinda makes you wonder how many folks actually know what their truck and camper combo weigh.  

7 minutes ago, NoLuck said:

Well, hopefully everyone with heavier rigs go around.  Heck, just my 2003 Ranger and 12ft pop-up camper was pushing 7k.  Just imagine a 5th wheel and 4X4 Dually diesel pick up combined.  I saw a ton of people doing that before. 

I mentioned the weight limit to a guy I followed in one evening. He was pulling a big 5th wheel with a 1Ton Dodge diesel single rear wheel.  He was at the check in office for the CG.  His reply was comical yet sad. He said he’d been driving over that bridge for years with no issues.  He also said he planned on driving over it as long as it was there, because he didn’t like straining his truck pulling his camper up that big hill at the main entrance.  I asked him if his camper was to heavy for his truck.  He had no clue. Said the salesman said he had plenty of truck to pull it. LOL 

Kinda makes you wonder how many folks actually know what their truck and camper combo weigh.  

My dad pulled one with a 1/2 ton Chevy Big 10.

He never had any problems.   That 454 was a beast!

On 1/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, XP 590 said:

Wow!   This is going to turn out bad.  Bet it doesn't make one season.

Why is that?? I’m thinking the bridge is just as strong as it was before it got damaged. They’re just trying to deter people from hauling big campers and such across it. 

If prople obey the weight rule it should last quite a while.