Ozark Smallie Vacation

MOsmallies

@MOsmallies and @Smalliebigs looks like a great time was had by all. Great to see the kids getting on some nice Ozark smallmouth. Congrats!

Simply cant's ask for a better tradition :goodjob:! Hopefully it can last for many more years to come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Smallie bigs..   Started going back in the late 60's,   Went for probably 25 years.  Fishing was crazy good in the 70's.   Great memories. 

Going in Aug for the weekend.  Have not been in a several years.   Should be fun.  But sad for some other reasons too.    

How's Jim Hammock doing ?    Have not seen him in a long long time!!  

My sister goes the week after you.       Just crazy good memories.   

22 hours ago, Griffster said:

Smallie bigs..   Started going back in the late 60's,   Went for probably 25 years.  Fishing was crazy good in the 70's.   Great memories. 

Going in Aug for the weekend.  Have not been in a several years.   Should be fun.  But sad for some other reasons too.    

How's Jim Hammock doing ?    Have not seen him in a long long time!!  

My sister goes the week after you.       Just crazy good memories.   

hey, it is a place for memories to be made that's for sure :)

Jim is doing good and nailed a very nice 19inch smallie, his family is a part of the celebration we call the LODGE for sure.

I married into BRL but, the friends I have made there are some of the best people I have ever met in my life. My daughter and my wife all love the lodge like life itself :)

I hope you have a great time in August......we will be down in September 

• Members

The appeal for some is crazy.   Trust me I know!!   Sadly most of the people that went our week are no longer around.    

Mom and Dad below.   Aug of 82 !!  Lost both my parents just last year.    They were 91 and 92 though.  Took a bus to BRL for their Honeymoon 1950... lol        

float BRL 82.JPG

The only thing I can say is that for it to become a family tradition, there must have been an excellent and warming atmosphere with the owner of the lodge. I’m sure it was combined with decent food and accommodations that made it a peaceful place to stay.

We had a place in Canada like what I described back in the 90’s. It was in Minaki, Ontario along the Winnipeg river chain lakes. After the the lodge owner retired the place was purchased by an ex fighter pilot who thought it should be run like a boot camp. If you wanted to take a picture of your 40” Northern, he would run down and scream “Put my breeders back in the water!!” No one went there anymore. 

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Family traditions are great. Gets a little tougher to pull them off when the grandparents age and the kids get older though. We did Roaring River each fall for 12 years in a row, and those trips are some of our fondest memories. (Kids talk about those trips more than Disney World, which was juuust a tad more expensive :D ) Even had aunts and nephews up from Florida for a few of those years. I hope it will pick back up at some point -- I'll be the one leading the charge, just like before. Need some grandbabies!

John

23 hours ago, Griffster said:

The appeal for some is crazy.   Trust me I know!!   Sadly most of the people that went our week are no longer around.    

Mom and Dad below.   Aug of 82 !!  Lost both my parents just last year.    They were 91 and 92 though.  Took a bus to BRL for their Honeymoon 1950... lol        

float BRL 82.JPG

Dude!!!!! that pic is simply awesome!!!....yes these are the memories. That is how my wifes parents, parents started going to the Lodge. They started in 1947 on their honeymoon hahahaha 

The Lodge for some a part of you after many years of beautiful memories and moments it just tugs at you to go  back 🙂 even the train rides for kids of course 

AFA8989D-6E8A-49C3-BB76-25C42D98C9F9.jpeg

C88A1EDE-0CA6-4DC5-83BF-19C7823AAFB6.jpeg

91DE70B1-D4A0-4D14-95A5-D4DE53B0E168.jpeg