Stockton Lake Night Noise

7 hours ago, fishinwrench said:

You don't walk into a restaurant and start jammin' to loud music.  Nobody does it in Wal-Mart or the grocery store either even though it would likely make the experience more enjoyable.   What makes those places more sacred than a lake or a river?

If you want music blasting into your head then put in a set of ear buds and crank it.  

Was at a place a few weeks ago and the DJ was taking requests so I requested 5 minutes of silence. He gives me a thumbs-up.....and then this   

Followed by "Turn Down for What", just to show me that he was a more professional smartass than I was.  😁

That's awesome

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

If you complain about this noise what about all the Bass Tournaments that rattle off at sun up im not complaining but just making a comparison 

SO the lake was intended for peoples enjoyment so u either go enjoy it or find some other pleasure doing  something else

sounds to me (MOCARP) that you want to be a bigger issue than just the friday sat weekend partiers during the Summer season 

1 hour ago, MoCarp said:

BIG fish don't get big by being stupid, those get harvested FAST.....never heard of a 12 pound eye or 5lbs smallie get landed during a blitzkrieg of PWC or off the back of a party pontoon shooting off bottle rockets....

Plenty of times I've caught my biggest fish of the day right where there were people stirring up the water and making noise.  Anytime I'm on a river and a big jet boat goes by the fishing starts to pick up.  The noise seems to get the fish going a bit.

-- Jim

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. -- Doug Larson

1 hour ago, DADAKOTA said:

Big fish are like big bucks.  They both can do some really stupid things resulting in their demise.  Lots of big bass get caught around docks with all kinds of human activity and noise going on.  I general it is better to keep the noise down while fishing.  Is that walnut paneling?  My wife's grandparents had floor to ceiling walnut paneling in their house in Stockton.  Your picture made me think of all the great times that were had at their place. 

thats a very old pic in my 1st house....retro fo sho...no more paneling.....but they are my fish, just don't mount them anymore, wanna see someone crap? turn loose a 17 pound walleye in front of them, I even turned loose a 2 pound bluegill in front of a buddy at a pit in KS once, he was like "man I would have mounted it" I found you get more bigs using stealth......

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

4 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

And that's why in the burbs you go to a subdivision with restrictions. 

Yeah and then you get stupid restrictions like "can't have a boat in your driveway'.   

I get them not wanting to look at 3 rusty old cars on concrete blocks..... but c'mon! 

4 hours ago, ramman123 said:

If you complain about this noise what about all the Bass Tournaments that rattle off at sun up im not complaining but just making a comparison 

SO the lake was intended for peoples enjoyment so u either go enjoy it or find some other pleasure doing  something else

sounds to me (MOCARP) that you want to be a bigger issue than just the friday sat weekend partiers during the Summer season 

Bass boats blasting off at daylight doesn't go on for hours n hours, typically not drunk being stupid, and they are trying to fish, have had guys trolling motor right past me, was quiet as a duck swimming, I can live with that.....50 foot power yachts blasting 6 foot waves....hate it...sail boat folks don't like it so much ether....new rules are coming you can feel it.....

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

6 hours ago, moguy1973 said:

Plenty of times I've caught my biggest fish of the day right where there were people stirring up the water and making noise.  Anytime I'm on a river and a big jet boat goes by the fishing starts to pick up.  The noise seems to get the fish going a bit.

I'm thinking the turbulence which may knock some critters loose from their rocky lair.  I used to wait for a ferry to pass over a certain spot in a lake I fish and I would drag crawdad crankbaits through right behind it.  Almost guaranteed walleye hookup on that shallow hump when things got stirred up by that passing ferry.

Mike