MO Carp this one is for you

Would rather fish for tarpon & snook over just about anything else.. Great fun on a fly rod and they eat WTD plugs too. Challenging fishing though. 4-5hrs a day is about all I can handle without hurting myself.

Sight fishing for Snook Is awesome! Usual is Sanibel, Blind Pass between Sanibel & Captiva, or the pass at Lovers Key, unless they water is clear enough to see them off our spot on lower Ft Myers Beach. Chase them down in the Mangroves too. Peace R. Area, Matlaca, Naples & the Everglades too but those trips are pricey. i

I grew up fishing Ft Myers Beach-Destin-Gulf Shores areas white sand clear water, the many canals and cuts could be fished safely with a good kayak something I wish was around when I grew up, santa rosa island area is a great fishing zone, kinda pricy to stay there anymore, I keep telling myself to move back home to be closer to family,

here one for you, when people think of a wicked top water take, I think of this kind hit (kings) still remember being told KEEP YOUR THUMB OFF THE SPOOL WHEN THEY RUN! if you did then you would have no flesh on it! they call them smoker kings for a reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx-09F34xOU

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

Yeah, I know that there are plenty of really cool saltwater fish.  But the other big thing I dislike about saltwater is the setting.  Fishing for me is more the setting than the fish.  I simply love everything about rivers, and find saltwater boring as far as scenery.  Not that I can't have any fun there...I've done enough to know that it's fun.  (Except for halibut fishing, which was ridiculously boring.)  Heck, I can have fun fishing for anything.  But given a choice, I'll always opt for fishing a nice river for bass or trout.

sometimes the scenery isn't whats above the water sometimes , but even then there are some cool places there, but I grew up with white sand between my toes, so I guess its my comfort zone, water so clear it looks like a boat it suspended in thin air

78d051cc2f350d24d2a63dbe488a1526.jpg

MONKEYS? what monkeys?

Gonna finally agree with Mocarp. Except that I think the setting is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I totally understand what Al is saying about rivers, but my views are changing. I don't know any fishing I enjoy as much as some beach fishing early in the morning. Some pretty special things happen out there before everyone else is awake. When I can successfully talk one of my daughters into getting up at 4am on vacation to do a little beach fishing you know it has to be pretty freaking special. These girls will barely go fishing with me any other time. But most of the time I'm out there ALL ALONE. Juts me, the fish, birds, sharks, rays, dolphins..............

20130528-DSC_0035 (3).jpg

1 hour ago, MoCarp said:

sometimes the scenery isn't whats above the water sometimes , but even then there are some cool places there, but I grew up with white sand between my toes, so I guess its my comfort zone, water so clear it looks like a boat it suspended in thin air

78d051cc2f350d24d2a63dbe488a1526.jpg

agreed.....Destin is mine and my wife's second home practically. We almost bought a place in Niceville on the bay in 1997 and I beat myself up all the time because we didn't. I have had soo many cool experiences fishing down there. The best part is they have sunk soo many ships for reefs down there with in a mile of the coast. I paddle my Coosa to a wreck out in front of the Crab Trap that has produces crazy fish. I fish the East pass in my yak while the tide is running and people look at me like I am stupid, the jetties there when the tide is running can be quite good as you know. We are heading down in 4 weeks and will go back again in September.

In the last 10 years I have been getting into fishing the rivers down there.....very cool as well.....I personally love the Redneck Riviera.