Upgraded to Garmin Livescope

I recently upgraded transducers on my Garmin to the new livescope panoptic's.   I haven't had time to use it much yet unfortunately but I got it out on the water a couple weeks ago and played with it. This is the only video I took but it seemsto be really impressive so far.  I mainly wanted this to help with my Crappie fishing here on the river systems in the back outs where I live, however the day before this I went to current River and went up a slew trying to find some Crappie, but  found a big echo on the bottom and vertical jiged it   and caught a smallmouth  surprisingly… Planning on using it more really soon   

There's no such thing, as a bad day fishing!

Man, I can think of so many good uses for that! I'm still working on saving for the Ultrex though. If didn't have an elk hunt to pay for this December, I'd have the Ultrex already bought. 

44 minutes ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

Dang im aleady tempted, This isnt helping me say no.  My only problems is running the cable on my Xi5 troller

8 minutes ago, Seth said:

Man, I can think of so many good uses for that! I'm still working on saving for the Ultrex though. If didn't have an elk hunt to pay for this December, I'd have the Ultrex already bought. 

It's pricey for sure.  For crappie I think might be its biggest plus.   Drop shotting could be a lot of fun as well.   Being able to scan in front of the boat scanning for bass as well.  You can even tell by the shape of the fish on the screen.   

50 minutes ago, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

Dang im aleady tempted, This isnt helping me say no.  My only problems is running the cable on my Xi5 troller

I'll take a pic tommorrow and show how did this one 

6 minutes ago, LittleRedFisherman said:

It's pricey for sure.  For crappie I think might be its biggest plus.   Drop shotting could be a lot of fun as well.   Being able to scan in front of the boat scanning for bass as well.  You can even tell by the shape of the fish on the screen.   

Crappie would definitely be in trouble. I bet it would be awesome for finding roaming schools of trout on Taneycomo and for pinpointing schools of paddlefish as well IMO.

8 minutes ago, Seth said:

Crappie would definitely be in trouble. I bet it would be awesome for finding roaming schools of trout on Taneycomo and for pinpointing schools of paddlefish as well IMO.

There would be no doubt 

Oh man I want that so bad and this isn’t helping. There is no way I’m gonna drop that kind of cash on a transducer though. Oh but I do so want it. I’ve fished with a guy that uses panoptics and it is saweeet!  Between that an an Ultrex, I’m like a kid looking at the sears catalog before Christmas. I want!