Dehydrator?

oneshot

My wife is getting a large Dehydrator . Is this a better way of preserving vegetables? I know takes more time and have to mess with them more.

She now is mostly thinking our Berries using them more for a candy.

oneshot

Dehydrator works well if small enough amount and/or have the time.  Since you mentioned berries, if you have strawberries you will have more time in dehydratin thm than you will making then into Freezer Jam.  I have made a lot of freezer jam and will.make many more, (God willing and the creek don't rise).  Fresh, slicked and frozen, or into freezer jam arw pretry much what we do with them.  Now when kids were little if you wanted to bribe one, just pull out a bag of whatever dried fruit you wanted to and it was ON.  Apples, berries, pineapple, hell it didn't matter.  I think we ran a dehydrator for.3 years straight it seemed.

I have been using them for a long time.  I’m on my third one.  I have tried all kind of fruit and vegetables.  I never liked any of them except apples.  They are superb for making jerky.

54 minutes ago, Dutch said:

I have been using them for a long time.  I’m on my third one.  I have tried all kind of fruit and vegetables.  I never liked any of them except apples.  They are superb for making jerky.

They are the best thing for jerky.  Fruit ain't bad but.it.never quite tastes.like you think it will.

9 hours ago, Dutch said:

Tomatoes dehydrated are the best! Just a sprinkle of salt and a shot of Italian seasoning. Its like eating tomato candy dried, they rehydrate well and make the best dun dried tomato bisque soup.   

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead