Jump to content

What's for Thanksgiving?


rps
 Share

Recommended Posts

Several years ago, I started a thread on Thanksgiving plans and menus.

This year our traditional family and friends gathering will not happen. I assume the same will be true for some of you.

That fact means my wife and I will modify our menu.

Share the changes you will make this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, rps said:

Several years ago, I started a thread on Thanksgiving plans and menus.

This year our traditional family and friends gathering will not happen. I assume the same will be true for some of you.

That fact means my wife and I will modify our menu.

Share the changes you will make this year.

Ever since my parents died and I became the head of the family we ditched the traditional meal.  Last year was chicken fajitas.  And my kids and grandkids love me for it!!!  Probably won’t get to see the older kids and grandkids this year so steak and king crab legs!!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

Ever since my parents died and I became the head of the family we ditched the traditional meal.  Last year was chicken fajitas.  And my kids and grandkids love me for it!!!  Probably won’t get to see the older kids and grandkids this year so steak and king crab legs!!   

Well done!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

                       Already bought a small turkey. The Mrs. says they are cheap and easy too cook and make good leftovers. We will choose the day to cook it and call it our Thanksgiving. Think we will be alone this year unless something changes. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

   If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

    " Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

         "Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

    " One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

  P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ness said:

Menu is the same, the scale is TBA. Traditional fare. 
 

Everybody loves me too😄

I don't

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ness said:

Menu is the same, the scale is TBA. Traditional fare. 
 

Everybody loves me too😄

I feel that is directed at me so....   I had a turkey sandwich everyday for lunch for 25 years.  The last thing I want on a holiday is more turkey.  Just the last few years I quit eating turkey for lunch.  It was liberating 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yea, we kind of changed up a little after my parents passed, same as @snagged in outlet 3 

My brother, sister, and I do separate Thanksgivings but we get together at Christmas. I think this year all the Chinese family is at our house for Thanksgiving. We will probably do a traditional Chinese Hot Pot. With special dipping sauces. The sauces are usually either ground up peanut paste or a more traditional finely chopped  garlic with dark sesame oil. The meats are usually thinly sliced beef, pork, lamb. Then there are always various coarsely chopped/sliced veggies. Then noodles and leafy 🥬 lettuce type slices. Half the pot is mild and half the pot is spicy. You’ve never had spicy until you put lettuce in the spicy side then try to eat it! 😂😂

"Honor is a man's gift to himself" Rob Roy McGregor

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, snagged in outlet 3 said:

I feel that is directed at me so....   I had a turkey sandwich everyday for lunch for 25 years.  The last thing I want on a holiday is more turkey.  Just the last few years I quit eating turkey for lunch.  It was liberating 😂

I guess your claim that everyone loved you made me want to poke at you😄

But I get the point. Not everybody wants turkey, especially the guy who has 50,000 turkey sandwiches for lunch under his belt😄

We do a pretty traditional roasted turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy, sides, etc. Folks here appreciate it, or have enough tact to eat it without complaining. 

John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.