Actuator issue

My Nitro trailer slaps back and forth jerking my truck when I hit a bump, go over a bridge or over a railroad track.  Greasing the tongue zerks used to fix it but not any more.  I don’t know if I need to have the brake fluid bled or replaced or maybe even a new actuator installed.  Anyone know what I should do.  It is a 2016 tandem axle.

Here is a pic of the actuator.

89288819-1275-49F6-BFD4-6CAC04ACDDDF.jpeg

That's a surge brake coupler I'm guessing. 

There may be bushings or slides that can be replaced, you'll have to find the brand and model of the coupler to know. I doubt the issue is hydraulic, likely just wear and tear in the slide mechanism. 

I personally hate the stupid things, way over complicated, super expensive, and they never seem to work right for long. Electric brakes are way better but that's a lot of work and expense to switch over. 

-Austin

If i remember right you live in Republic area?   If so Sutter Trailer was in Nixa and now Sancrest and they have a shop in Billings. I had them do my bearing a couple years back and also ordered an axle through them for my older boat.  They were pretty fair on price.  I also had to order new calipers for my boat that were hard to find the salesman found them and even told me to buy them off ebay and he gave me the part number because he said they would have to upcharge way to much to get them

Give the guy at HITCH2TRAILER.com  they are on E. Prince Ln in Springfield,  (417) 830-9032 He worked for and helped design many of the Bass pro trailers, very knowledgeable, helpful and has lots of parts. 

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein

On 6/15/2022 at 10:18 PM, aarchdale@coresleep.com said:

If i remember right you live in Republic area?   If so Sutter Trailer was in Nixa and now Sancrest and they have a shop in Billings. I had them do my bearing a couple years back and also ordered an axle through them for my older boat.  They were pretty fair on price.  I also had to order new calipers for my boat that were hard to find the salesman found them and even told me to buy them off ebay and he gave me the part number because he said they would have to upcharge way to much to get them

I drive by that place on the way to Cape Fair and had no idea just how large of an operation it is.  I went down there this morning.  The guy sounded knowledgeable.  He listed a few things which could be wrong.  He is calling his supplier to check on availability of parts before we set up an appointment.  

Thanks again for the recommendation.