Nov 22, Indian Creek

Quillback

When I got to the ramp this morning at 7 AM, there was quite a bit of striper activity.  Should've got there earlier as it didn't last long.  Caught a couple of 19 inch stripers tossing a fluke type deal with a tail spinner.  It got windy quickly and with the sun popping over the hills it put them down.  Word is out they are in the area, several boats fishing for them.

After the striper fishing slowed, I went to the bank and fished a Rock Crawler, paralleling the bank and banging the Crawler off rocks.  Caught 4 smallmouth, 3 being decent keepers.  Not a hot bite, but there were a few fish to be had.

Tossed the Ned rig around for about an hour, caught a couple of 13-14" smallies on it and had one good one pull off.  Seemed the Ned bite was a little slow too.

Packed it in at noon.

WT 55 (warmer than I thought it would be).

large.Nov22smalls.jpg

large.Nov22smalls1.jpg

large.Nov22stripe.jpg

16 hours ago, Quillback said:

When I got to the ramp this morning at 7 AM, there was quite a bit of striper activity.  Should've got there earlier as it didn't last long.  Caught a couple of 19 inch stripers tossing a fluke type deal with a tail spinner.  It got windy quickly and with the sun popping over the hills it put them down.  Word is out they are in the area, several boats fishing for them.

After the striper fishing slowed, I went to the bank and fished a Rock Crawler, paralleling the bank and banging the Crawler off rocks.  Caught 4 smallmouth, 3 being decent keepers.  Not a hot bite, but there were a few fish to be had.

Tossed the Ned rig around for about an hour, caught a couple of 13-14" smallies on it and had one good one pull off.  Seemed the Ned bite was a little slow too.

Packed it in at noon.

WT 55 (warmer than I thought it would be).

large.Nov22smalls.jpg

large.Nov22smalls1.jpg

large.Nov22stripe.jpg

Sounds like a fun day to me! Congrats on a few pretty fish!