Mizzou at 2:30 and the Hogs at 3:30

Quillback

I saw the Arkansas game.  They never had a chance.  I didn’t make it through the Zags game.  I had to stream it live on Paramount.  I dvred the KState, Michigan State game.  It was the best game I have seen in a while.  Nowell is special.

46 minutes ago, Quillback said:

I guess I'll pull for K State now.  

I will have to admit I have never, ever watched a basketball game.  That is until last night. Good grief my heart got to pounding like I was watching a Chief's game.  So, this is how the story goes.  Last week the Jayhawks played. I did not watch it but our OAF member @curtisce did, and he is a KU alumnus. So, I had seen that result and texted him my condolences. I figure Kansas is Kansas and kind of lumped everyone together. What a mistake. So, I texted my friend Paul who attended school in Kansas with his wife who Pat works with our doctor with the same condolences knowing how they feel like Curt. That was a mistake Paul shot me a purple devil emoji and said not a Jayhawker. My team is still playing, oops! seems as though Paul and Doc and K-State alumni.  Duh I caught heck. Then Doc said you should watch the game it's going to be good. So, we did last night. I suppose we will watch their next one. 

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead

16 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

I will have to admit I have never, ever watched a basketball game.  That is until last night. Good grief my heart got to pounding like I was watching a Chief's game.  So, this is how the story goes.  Last week the Jayhawks played. I did not watch it but our OAF member @curtisce did, and he is a KU alumnus. So, I had seen that result and texted him my condolences. I figure Kansas is Kansas and kind of lumped everyone together. What a mistake. So, I texted my friend Paul who attended school in Kansas with his wife who Pat works with our doctor with the same condolences knowing how they feel like Curt. That was a mistake Paul shot me a purple devil emoji and said not a Jayhawker. My team is still playing, oops! seems as though Paul and Doc and K-State alumni.  Duh I caught heck. Then Doc said you should watch the game it's going to be good. So, we did last night. I suppose we will watch their next one. 

I never knew there were any K-State fans.  Thought everyone that lived in Kansas pulled for the Jayhawks.

3 minutes ago, Dutch said:

So do you watch baseball?

I do, and as a matter of fact I believe Arkansas is playing LSU and it is on ESPN.  I have it setup to record.  

I'm way more of a MLB fan than college baseball, but I will watch an occasional college game.

23 minutes ago, BilletHead said:

That is until last night. Good grief my heart got to pounding like I was watching a Chief's game. 

Never really been a basketball fan -- it was always football. I don't ever think I've watched more than a couple minutes of an NBA game. Occasionally some college basketball gets watched, but not much. 

Dad and all my uncles/cousins went to KU. We went to some football games when I was a kid, probably mid/late 60's and after Gale Sayers was gone. I didn't ever become a KU fan, because you've got to have a respectable football program for me to be a fan. 

Several friends went to K-State, and when my daughter decided to go I was pretty happy with her choice. Good school, plus in-state :D  A great football history and I always loved Snyder's focus on the full person and life after football, not just the 4 years. I always remember the first time my daughter came home and excitedly said, 'Dad...the guys hold the doors for the girls there!' It's a great school with a great atmosphere. It's different than KU, where my misguided second child went.  

Anyhoo -- our hearts were pounding here last night too. Not like they were during the Super Bowl, but pretty close. That spark-plug Nowell is sure fun to watch. The back stories on Tomlin and Coach Tang are good ones worth looking up.  

John

11 minutes ago, Quillback said:

I never knew there were any K-State fans.  Thought everyone that lived in Kansas pulled for the Jayhawks.

Very high percentage of folks west of Topeka are K-State fans. Metro KC to Topeka is weighed pretty heavily toward KU, at least until this week :D 

John

32 minutes ago, Dutch said:

So do you watch baseball?

Used to watch a bit but not now. I have not watched a series game in years.

"We have met the enemy and it is us",

Pogo

If you compete with your fellow anglers, you become their competitor, If you help them you become their friend"

Lefty Kreh

" Never display your knowledge, you only share it"

Lefty Kreh

"Eat more bass and there will be more room for walleye to grow!"

BilletHead

" One thing in life is for sure. If you are careful you can straddle the barbed wire fence but make one mistake and you will be hurting"

BilletHead

P.S. "May your fences be short or hope you have long legs"

BilletHead