$30 for Pflueger President spinning reel

19 hours ago, Gavin said:

Had a Lews, was junk. Plungers are fine, but the presidents have a plastic frame. Will break if you step on or toss a cooler on. Only issue I've ever had with them. Liking my newer Abu's though. Will never buy a Shimano spin reel at any price point. Nice for 3 trips then junk. Can't take any abuse.

They're OK as long as they stay dry.  Any moisture that is inevitable on the river and they bind when reeling.  Hate that and like you won't ever buy another Shimano spinning reel of any description.  Don't buy Presidents anymore either.  Like their better grade reels a lot though.

I grabbed a 6930 from BPS while they were on sale. It balances well on a 5'6" Shakespeare Micro.

I have also really been liking the Abu Garcia Blackmax series. I don't know if you can beat the spinning reels for 20 bucks. Very smooth with a decent drag.

-Austin

16 hours ago, Terrierman said:

They're OK as long as they stay dry.  Any moisture that is inevitable on the river and they bind when reeling.  Hate that and like you won't ever buy another Shimano spinning reel of any description.  Don't buy Presidents anymore either.  Like their better grade reels a lot though.

I owned a boat like that once, it was OK as long as it stayed on the trailer did not leak at all. 

“If a cluttered desk is a sign, of a cluttered mind, of what then, is an empty desk a sign?”- Albert Einstein